cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being screwed by Talk Talk!

ddfddf

Re: Being screwed by Talk Talk!

Thanks for the welcome.I must say when I read through the t&c it appeared that once a mAC code was provided your account would be closed with the previous provider.
I did cancel the direct debit once I was connected to plusnet  this was before the end of december 2009.I also sent them a letter as my bank had suggested informing them of the cancellation.Unfortunately this was not sent recorded delivery and all I have is a rough copy of the original.I have never had a debt in my life and feel this is a trumped debt for a service which I never had .I am now being threatened with being passed to a deb collection agency.
When I received the original letter from talk Talk telling me I was going to have to start a new contract or pay more I felt they were trying "shaft me".I moved to Plusnet to avoid this and they (tiscali/Talk Talk) still found a way.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

As I've said in another thread when I switched from TT to plusnet I went through the T&Cs with a fine tooth comb and NOWHERE is there a definitive guide as to what procedure you should follow to make a switch.

When you switched from TT/Tiscali to PlusNet, BT must have done some work and there must be a BT order somewhere that PlusNet raised. If you were on Tiscali LLU then BT Openreach must have done some physical rejumpering in the exchange, whilst if you were already on a BTw product they ( BT Wholesale ) just needed to do a bit of reconfiguring. Either way I dont see how BT ( Wholesale or Openreach ) can have done the work WITHOUT telling TT/Tiscali. So they know they are not in a position to supply your BB any more, they cant possibly, as your line is no longer connected to them!. Therefore on what basis can they keep your account open ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

whistler
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
So they know they are not in a position to supply your BB any more, they cant possibly, as your line is no longer connected to them!. Therefore on what basis can they keep your account open ?

Well quite.
HOWEVER: can you explain this to me please cos I'm not up on this stuff as well as some of you guys and I'd like to understand it - more power to my elbow as it were.
How come when BT do whatever it is they do, I didn't loose my connection? I was happily using my broadband (with Tiscali) when the email came through from plusnet that my broadband was ACTIVATED with them. I switched router settings and only then was "with" plusnet. So for at least SOME period of time - surely - I was able to "be" with both Tiscali and plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Associated with each line are the domains it is allowed to log in to. First @plusdsl.net was added by BT - this meant you could log in to either the old or new domain. Later the Tiscali domain was removed. At that point BT should have notified Tiscali that your migration out had completed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and I can still go to my sister who I think is on Talk Talk and log straight in to the PN portal - but their router is connected to TT so unless you go to the router home page and check you dont know, cant do it at my sisters as I only go there baby sitting my mum while they have time off and it is admin protected
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That's nothing to do with it. You can log in to the portal from anywhere - we're talking about the username and password you put in to your router.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know that John, but did when he do the alteration to the router?
PeterM

I have just joined this forum and would like to tell you some of the problems I had with Talktalk, I was locked into an 18month contract with them by a salesman that told me it would be unbundled on our exchange, and so for 18 M paid my phone bill thru them plus £6.49 per month for there "free Broadband" and £15 a month for the Broadband that wasn't free.
Moving to Plusnet has given me so much satisfaction I can't describe it Grin God help us if the conglomerate that is Talktalk, ever take over PN.
I was worried a bit about the usage limits but initially they seem to be good and even generous.
The change over itself was as noted on this forum, my TT stopped working, I plugged in the new router and away it went, without any snags Smiley
I hope the pleasure after the pain manages to last, PN "more power to your elbow"!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forums
haggis
Grafter

Reading this I have a question .Can you still log in to your TT account using the TT router which I am assuming you still have and no doubt still has your login in if  it was it one of their own with the locked log in, .If you can your account is unfortunately still active .As someone mentioned before Who is your phone with TT or BT ,if with TT are you moving it ?If you have left your phone with TT they will keep emptying your Bank.

Edit:-Having reread this I see I miss read the router bit .My apologies.I forgot how stupid TT can be or should that be stubborn.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

I would strongly recommend you do NOT try connecting with the old router to TT!
If you do so TT will be totally justified in claiming that you were still using the service up to today and should pay in full up to today! They will have the connection logs to prove it.
whistler
Grafter

Quote from: haggis
Reading this I have a question .Can you still log in to your TT account using the TT router which I am asuming you still have and no doubt still has your logon in if  it was it one of their own with the locked log in

I suspect that I probably could still log in but I may be green but I'm not a cabbage - if I do that they'd be well justified in saying I'm still using their services. BTW it's not their router it's mine - just a regular mikradigital bought on-line.
Quote from: haggis
As someone mentioned before Who is your phone with TT or BT ,if with TT are you moving it ?If you have left your phone with TT they will keep emptying your Bank.

Did they? - sorry - must have missed that. Phone is with BT but am moving it here to plusnet cos they're just so fantastic  Roll_eyes
Quote from: jelv
I would strongly recommend you do NOT try connecting with the old router to TT!

Thanks for the warning - appreciated - but as I said above - I wouldn't have.
whistler
Grafter

First @plusdsl.net was added by BT - this meant you could log in to either the old or new domain.

Ok understood - thanks
Later the Tiscali domain was removed.

Ok but presumably either BT either do this off their own bat after some time period OR plusnet must tell BT - ok he's switched - and then they do it - any idea which?
At that point BT should have notified Tiscali that your migration out had completed.

But how would you find out if they had? - just playing devil's advocate here it seems that when T/TT havn't closed the account - it could be plusnet's, BT's or T/TT's fault - how on earth would you find out which one?
ddfddf

Hi,In my particular case Plusnet had told me I would be activated on the 30th December.My internet connection stopped working on the 28th or very early on the 29th.After many attempts to reconnect which included checking the settings in my Netgear router and rebooting it I concluded that I was no longer with Tiscali.At  around1300pm on the 30th of December I contacted Plusnet and after checking the helpful chap on the other end said my line was activated.We went through my router setting together to reset it for plusnet and all has been fine ever since.This why it seems so unfair to now tell me I owe for two months usage. I was with Tiscali from 2006 and my phone line and calls have always been with BT.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: ddfddf
This why it seems so unfair to now tell me I owe for two months usage.

It's not unfair, it's illegal.
They withdrew the service from you (it stopped working) - they can't bill you when they are not providing the service. I suggest you contact Trading Standards.
If they take you to court you will win and costs will be awarded as well.