Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for almost no service

jamesl182d
Dabbler

Re: Charged for almost no service

Hi Sharon/Matt,
The engineer believes we now have a clear line and has just left. He said you need to re-set it from your end so that our speed can increase. It's still very low.
Could you please do that ASAP so that we can hopefully see a positive change Today? Could you also let us know whether we should expect any interference as a result of this process?
Thanks,
James
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi James,
I can see that someone did this yesterday for you.
I'm hoping your service should be back up to scratch now.
Let us know if there are any further problems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Hi there,
The line is now properly installed and we have internet - this happened almost instantly after our engineer left, so we're happy they've done a good job.
I've been checking and we're still not getting our agreed speed. It maxes out at about 10-11mb. The engineer said in our area we should expect 15mb. Is there a way we can resolve this?
James
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi James,
I'm glad to hear that he's arrived. I'll get Matt to look into this for you shortly.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Beebart

Oh any chance of having our line reset?
Same problem as James, since the 18th, phone was fixed today but connecting at 283K downstream,1120K UpStream  Shocked
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Beebart,
Welcome to the forums.
There is no way to be certain that your problem is the same - the symptoms might be similar, but the cause might well be markedly different.  Please start your own thread under ADSL or Fibre as appropriate containing as much of the information requested here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html - as you can provide.

@James,
Glad to here you sorted out the BTOR visit with the restaurant - can you please provide the same information so that we can see the metrics for your line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jamesl182d
Dabbler

Hi,
It's fluctuating massively at the moment. It just achieved 14mb for the first time, having dropped to as low as 2.5mb yesterday. The latter is still much more common and it's been cutting out occasionally this weekend.
I'll be satisfied when we see things level out close to our advertised speed - I'm still yet to see it achieve 15mb and it spends most of its time between 4mb and 6mb (pics attached). If our basic speed remains low I'm concerned it'll be more likely to cut out at peak hrs.
I'd be grateful if plusnet looks into it - I'll check back in if the problems persist.
James
picbits
Rising Star

I would suggest using another speed checker - that one has just given me speeds of 21Mb down and 15Mb up.
Using speedtest.net gives me 69.76 down and 17 up - quite a major discrepancy !
Beebart

Cheesy
Ta reset fixed it within a couple of hours, back up to normal speeds.
jamesl182d
Dabbler

Matt/Matty,
Are you still there? I've still never got any prolonged period close to the expected bandwidth.  Could you please re-engage?
James