cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competitions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Competitions

Plusnet should offer competitions from within the Plusnet "Member Centre".
It could be done in such a way that each competition highlights some feature within the Member Centre, and then asks a question about it.
This could be done in such a way that infrequent Member Centre users get to learn what features are available, and can be used to highlight opportunities to make the most of their package.

There are many examples where customers could be educated about what is available to them -
1)  If this had been done when 'Unlimited' was released, perhaps less people would be complaining about not being aware of it's existence.
2)  VMBU and setting additional allowance limits.
3)  How to use the help and ticketing system effectively.
4)  Low take-up features could be highlighted, e.g. VoIP, webmail, referrals, etc...
5)  How to find service status and sign up for service email updates.
There would be plenty of scope for monthly competitions to last several years, and would be more interesting then the existing "Vote in our poll" on the home page.
peter10
Grafter

I agree totally with jelv. It would make a nice change if at least some of the competitions were open to all PN subscribers. Maybe most people do subscribe to Facebook etc. but I would guess a sizeable minority don't (including myself). Many competitions give more than one way of entering so why can't PN?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@JamesM
I am way, way, way from being the first person to refer to twitter users as twits. In fact the usage is so common that it's made it in to the urban dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twit - see 5b
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JamesM
Grafter

Well that makes it ok then, considering one of the definitions is bugger
jim:red Removed that really wasn't necessary mod:end
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

All, I see that some people are frustrated that our recent prize draws haven't been open to those that don't want to go on Facebook or Twitter, however that does NOT excuse some of the posts in this thread. More than 1 of the posts could easily be construed as a personal attack, so stop the name calling ok.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gwillym
Grafter

Chris,
I hadn't expected to create so much of a furore, but i would suggest that you amend point one of the T's & Cs of this competition:
Currently it reads:-
    The draw is open to UK  residents aged 18 or over, other than employees of Plusnet, their families or its agencies. Only one entry per person
it SHOULD READ:-
    The draw is open to UK  residents aged 18 or over, other than employees of Plusnet, their families or its agencies, WHO have or are willing to sign up for a Facebook Account. Only one entry per person
brizzlechris
Dabbler

Quote from: purleigh
None of my family want or will ever sign up for Facebook or Twitter - they are clearly services for moronic or gullible people who need to get a life   Angry

Wow.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Only an idiot would freely give (not even sell) all their personal details to facebook.
It's a bit like walking around wearing a dunces cap.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Enough with the baiting, folks, thanks.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

As far as I can tell you only need to provide a (any!) first name, a (any) last name, a (any over 13 yrs) date of birth, an email address (this, I think, has to be real for confirmation purposes) and your choice of whether you 'prefer to be' male or female.  Crazy
My cat signed up and didn't have to give any actual genuine personal details other than his email address (he did have to lie about his date of birth by calculating an equivalent to his human age in 'cat years').
Quote from: purleigh
they are clearly services for moronic or gullible people who need to get a life   Angry

My cat is neither moronic nor gullible and has a (very comfortable) life thanks!  (Actually he isn't 'people' either  Grin )
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[quote=https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms]Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
    You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
Please could you post a video of the cat using the computer. How did you manage to get the cat to give you permission in a way that would stand up in court?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

He can't read so I guess the legal terms got ignored!
He didn't sat 'no' when I asked him - I'm not exactly fluent in 'cat' but the word he used was pretty much identical to the one he uses if I has him if he wants to be fed (and I know that means yes).
For anyone who has been on Facebook, it's quite obvious that a 'more than insignificant' number of users do not use real names etc.
What jurisdiction does Facebook have to require such a thing anyway?

One of Facebook's terms is 'You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.' - I guess that means that most of their users are breaking the terms.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Thread now locked is it has degenerated into personal insults.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine