Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Customer Loyalty

Quote from: JohnGalloway
and if someone suggest "why not ring and ask for a discount?" - why should I have to do that work?

I understand what you're saying but, you're the one who stands to gain by 'doing the work', if you decided to shop around for a better deal elsewhere that also requires some effort on your part.
I honestly believe that if all customers switched to the cheapest available offer at the end of minimum contract period (with the kind of offers currently available from the major suppliers) then the suppliers would loose money and have to stop these silly offers.  They rely very much on the fact that they can gain customers with these offers but a fair proportion will not be bothered to change providers again immediately after their special deal is finished, these customers are subsidising the ones who actively seek the cheapest deal all the time.
Most major utilities / services suppliers (not just ISPs) need a base of 'loyal' customers paying 'full price' in order to be able to make offers attractive enough to entice customers to move from other suppliers (often loss-making over the minimum contract period).
It's not fair but it's the way of business where marketing and customer numbers take precedence (and pay bonuses), customer 'Churn' is not a good thing from a common sense point of view but the marketeers rely on it for market share, 'Inertia' is needed to support this type of competitive selling.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Apprentice
Grafter

It can reduce your monthly expenditure by doing the work  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you don't ask, you don't get.
Unfortunately, even when you ask these days, you can't get what you'd like with Plusnet Sad
You may get a deal you find acceptable though.
Apprentice
Grafter

Unfortunately, even when you ask these days, you can't get what you'd like with Plusnet

If you ask more than once and speak to a different person each time I recently found you could get what you wanted ......... but I suppose it does depend on what you're asking  for. Tongue Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Try asking for 40/10 Tongue
Apprentice
Grafter

Only get ADSL1 up here so not up to spec on the various fibre products.
Why don't they provide 40/10?
Anotherone
Champion

Because they have become cheapskates - they provide 40/2 instead, it saves them a few pence each month on the wholesale cost.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

they provide 40/2 instead, it saves them a few pence each month on the wholesale cost.

What I don't understand is why they don't offer 40/10, albeit at a higher price. There are many users, myself included, who require as high an upload speed as possible to accommodate the increasing use of cloud storage.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

tijara33  , PN seam no longer interested in what customers want  Embarrassed  they  just interested in MONEY at the risk of loosing customers 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I don't even think it's money, it appears to be all about attracting new customers with little regard to much else.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
AndyH
Grafter

More customers = increased revenues = increased profit = more money
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

1. New customers does not equal more customers unless the older ones hang around.
2. New customers bought at the cost of huge discounts and special offers might conceivably equal increased revenues but certainly not increased profit.
I do wonder if old customers tend to be on short contracts (I am on a one month notice - or is it 14 days) . If Plusnet put a foot wrong, I am out of here.  Getting lots of new customers on 24 month contracts even at the expense of losing older short contract customers will push up the average customer guaranteed life and that might have advantages in justifying longer term investments. It might also allow them to pull the same stunt as with LRS where they trap a customer into a long contract and then put the price of using that facility up, phone call costs in the LRS case.
It also allows sale of high priced extra products. BT Television may be a bargain now (I do not know - I do not have it) but who knows what it might cost in 12 months time -  and somebody on a 24 month contract cannot transfer to Sky easily.
Necroscope445
Dabbler

Im in area 1, when I changed over to fibre I was only given the option of a 24 month contract, this was quoted at 21/22 pounds (40/2). Customer options did reduce this to 17.50 though.
What my wish would be is for a sliding tariff scale.
When you take out your contract and speeds have settled,you pay for the service you actually get not just a one size fits all package (which it doesn't)
Just a wish though and they never come true...
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Certainly not that one  Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion

OFCOM should scrap the Market system now, it's anti-competitive nowadays.