Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

DC1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Does Plusnet have ANY happy customers

Strange thing quickbrew: I received by email the text of a long post you'd done to this forum about M&S emailing you about their possibly getting into this business, but when I log in it doesn't appear here.
DC1
Rising Star

As you'll see from my earlier message, I did see your text, and I very much share the sentiments you express in it. Why in God's name Ofcom are not kicking seven shades of **** out of BT and Open Reach I cannot imagine. I imagine Plusnet are just taking it on the chin knowing what's good for them as a subsidiary of BT.
Scooterman999
Rising Star

I seem to be getting multiple webmails showing the same posting on this forum topic.  Can anyone tell me why, please.  I did contribute some days ago and indicated that I wanted to be told about any new postings............but not over and over again with the self-same message!

quickbrew
Rising Star

@DC1,

Glad you got to read it.
It might come back if admin do approve it but the time-stamp might place it out of context in this thread.

I suppose your only anticipated comfort is that the service wiil be as promised when you finally get it.

Keep strong 😊
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
DC1
Rising Star

So am I. No idea.
quickbrew
Rising Star

@Scooterman999.

If you have asked for updates on a particular thread then you will recieve notifications for 'every' following consecutive post that is made by anyone writing to that thread . If you want to stop this you need to unsubscribe from this thread. Im not sure where you do this as I amstill finding my way around, but the option is there.
quickbrew
Rising Star

@Scooterman999

Just found it.
Scroll page up until in bottom right-hand corner you will see in red an 'thread options' tab. Open it and select the unsubscribe option = last but one from the bottom.

Hope this sorts it out for you.😇
DC1
Rising Star

But having said that, I now suspect that the bad guy in this is the one who I thought was the good guy on the Plusnet chat line. When I asked him why the system had told me there was a problem with my broadband application he said it was just a glitch in the automated system which he had manually overridden, immediately after which I got the emails saying I'd be connected on 9 February and the router arrived two days later. I now strongly suspect that the system was in fact telling him to stop the application until a problem had been sorted out. Had he done so I would still be waiting for my Plusnet connection but with my old Sky one not cut off, which would have been no problem at all.
DC1
Rising Star

But if you do that you'll go from getting multiple copies of each notification to no notifications at all!
Mav
Fixes: 517

@Scooterman999 wrote:

I seem to be getting multiple webmails showing the same posting on this forum topic.  Can anyone tell me why, please.  I did contribute some days ago and indicated that I wanted to be told about any new postings............but not over and over again with the self-same message!

You may find you get further notifications when someone edits a post within a thread your a subscribed to.

You can change the notification settings by clicking on your avatar in the top right-hand corner, choosing My Settings then selecting Subscriptions and Bookmarks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

quickbrew
Rising Star

@DC1,

The likelihood is you will never find out just exactly what caused this blemish on Plusnet's reputation.

As I have said here before and in other places, Open Reach are a law unto themselves who when invited to defend themselves on BBC's Whatchdog a while back, refused.

Whatchdog even suggested the possibility that Open Reach even lie to their wholsale lessee ISPs about their new work and maintenance targets.

Consequently, the ISPs dont know what is happening and I suspect in an effort to retain some form of professionalism, spin a line to customers trying to blind them with science.

Trouble is as with any parasitic cycle we are at the bottom of the foodchain.
Scooterman999
Rising Star

@DC1  I agree!  I do want to follow the debate (especially about your troubles! - you have my greatest sympathy), but I don't want endless repetitions of the same script.

Scooterman999
Rising Star

@Mav  Thanks, but don't you definitely know the reason?

Scooterman999
Rising Star

@quickbrew Thanks, but as DC1 has said I don't want to unsubscribe, I just want an email once of each posting

DC1
Rising Star

My gut is saying pretty much the same things to me as yours is. And the trouble is that dealing with these muffins your gut is all you have to go on.