Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer and E-mail problems

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Domain transfer and E-mail problems

Also I notice that the senders address on the email you sent me was different to the email address I have been sending the tests to.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DogSlow
Grafter

Apologies again,
I fear I am in over my head now.
I have several accounts set up in Outlook, all use the domain name as an address suffix, with a general "Mail"@ and "name"@ for each member of the family. everything comes in to one page and is sent to different folders. I'm sure there are better ways to do this, but it has sort of evolved into this system over the years. If your mail didn't come from the "Mail" address them I'm completely flummoxed!
PS No other mail has come through yet, either to Squirrel or Outlook.
John B
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've now spoken to John and I think he's on the right track now - as I suspected the complexities of Manage My Mail were the root cause.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

DogSlow,
I'm glad that's been sorted, we did spot a secondary account-based problem at this side too. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you've encountered.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DogSlow
Grafter

Adam and Jelv,
I wish my problems were sorted! I still cannot geet mail at Squirrelmail and whatever settings I'm trying in Manage my Mail are obviously not the right ones.
Yours Incompetently
John B
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi John,
I've sent you a test e-mail to a new mailbox I've created and it seems to have arrived, I'm going to give you a call...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Adam
Have you seen my PM?
DogSlow
Grafter

Adam,
Please tell me you haven't forgotten me and you're not going to slip off for the weekend leaving me with no mail!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No, sorry something else came up, bear with me. How are things with your e-mail at the moment.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DogSlow
Grafter

Still not good at thiis end. We have notifications of all those addresses we set up, but nothing from anywhere else or any of my test messages.
DogSlow
Grafter

Is there a reason why my Outlook account settings are all for mail.plus.net, and those mailboxes are all xxxx@xxxx.plus.com
Please understand that I'm grasping at straws now, and I fully expect that everyone's gone home for the weekend!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

plus.net are all the Plusnet servers so the website is www.plus.net or portal.plus.net and the mail servers also end plus.net (mail.plus.net for POP3, imap.plus.net for IMAP and relay.plus.net for outgoing). (There's a load more of these - see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,86729.0.html)
Customers website and email addresses all end plus.com
DogSlow
Grafter

Thanks John, as I said, I'm clutching at straws now - in a slightly demented fashion! Also I'm having to monitor all this on a 7 inch Android tablet' cos the kids are home and there's no way I can use a desktop when there's Facebooking to be done!
DogSlow
Grafter

So, after 10 and a half hours, I'm giving up for the day. I have a splitting headache, I'm being grumpy with my daughter and I'm still no further forward. I have chatted with 2 very pleasant individuals who have tried their hardest to help (although I'm still waiting for my 3:30 phone call Adam,) but I'm still without mail, and expect I will be so over the weekend and possibly beyond.
I'll be wasting my life on the "support" line again from about 8am, but I have a life to live and so I suspect I'll be exploring the possibilities of re-migrating back to Madasafish, or trying someone else. I guess the moral of the story is something to do with the grass always being greener etc.
DogSlow
Grafter

Just visited the stats page again - it still hasn't been updated since 7:36 this morning, that's one way of keeping the stats looking good!