Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer and E-mail problems

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Domain transfer and E-mail problems

Yes, I imagine Plusnet have raised a ticket about this - unfortunately stuck in a very long queue. Tongue
David
DogSlow
Grafter

Not that anyone but me cares by now, but I'm now getting more "Message undeliverable" from my Gmail account. Messages will be tried for 2 more days. Surely this means there'a problem somewhere outside my control. Please, someone at Pnet , help!
DogSlow
Grafter

Technical support line, - "Wait times are currently in excess of 40 minutes" she says, if your call is not of an urgent nature.......
and I thought 25 minutes listening to mindless pop yesterday was bad. Not to mention sitting around waiting for the call back that never happened.
DogSlow
Grafter

Adam,
Have PM'd you with details of Gmails failure to deliver messages to Plusnet.
John B
DogSlow
Grafter

I spoke to a very nice chap on Tech support at lunch time today, thank you [mremoved].
Of course, he was unable to help, but did send my ticket to the correct team, apparently it's been at HR and Legal for the past 2 days!
He added a note with my mobile no. asking for one of the new team  to contact me and let me know what was going on. Needless to say my phone has remained silent all day. I just wish I'd visited this board and read all the complaints BEFORE I switched. Hey ho! Live and learn I guess.

By the by, I've still got no ***** e-mail!
dick:csa
DogSlow
Grafter

Ooops, my apologies to Mr Removed, I can only claim that my relative newness to this forum means that I may occasionally transgress. I did read the rules a few days ago, but this one obviously slipped by me.
Still no phone calls or e-mail though!
DogSlow
Grafter

I guess it shows that I have no kind of life that I'm still posting on here, but I have found that internal e-mails from Plusnet are now being delivered to the Webmail at Madasafish! There is still nothing external showing up anywhere as far as I can see, and nothing on Squirreelmail.
So something has changed somewhere, but as no-one seems to care what or where , I appear to still be no better off. I'll wait until Monday morning now for the promised communications, but hope is fading for any sort of resolution to this.
Even more irritating is that Madasafish seem not to know I've beeen transferred as this is one of the mails I found:
  Dear Mr John B***,
Your usage for this billing month will soon exceed the included allowance
of your broadband account.
Additional usage above this allowance will be charged at £2.00 per GB (or
part thereof). Any additional usage during this billing month will be added
to your next invoice.

Marvellous isn't it!
DogSlow
Grafter

and one of the interesting things on the Madasafish site, where my account should be closed, I find the followingL

Adam Walker Training/Comms
1:36pm, Thursday 10th February 2011
Dear Mr Benson,
As per when I called I'm afraid that the name server records for your domain did not update as expected when we moved the domain over to the Plusnet account. This was due to an automated script failing to pick this up. Apologies for any inconvenience as we know this means you will be without e-mail for up to another 24 hours.
As mentioned if you have any more issues update the thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93394.0.html
and I'll give you a call.
Regards,
Adam Walker

I'm pleased to find replies to some of my complaints, even if they're posted on a website that I shouldn't really have to visit, and attached to an account that should have been closed. I expect both ISP's will be attempting to charge me for Broadband this month!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi John,
I've sent you a test e-mail to a new mailbox I've created and it seems to have arrived, I'm going to give you a call...

It Plusnet have succeeded in turning a pretty happy Madasafish customer in to a rather unhappy customer who's emails have been discarded for several days.
Adam, did you send the test email to a Plusnet email or his domain email?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Just to recap what I've done so far, new mailboxes have been set up on  the new account and on Friday test messages sent by me to both the username and the doman were reaching the mailboxes. However the Op wasn't able to receive on some of the mailboxes due to authentication errors (as mentioned only on some of the mailboxes). I've come to test this today and there seems to be issues with message delayed responses when sending mail to the domain.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Yep - I've got a stack of delayed messages for the test emails I sent to him from Google.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Adam, I've sent you a PM with one of the bounces
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

With a little help from Matt we've got this sorted now. I've sent some more test messages to your default mailbox which reached there fine, how are things at your end?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DogSlow
Grafter

i have Squirrel mail open on the R***** and the R*****+J*** accounts.
I have one message from last Friday in R and nothing in R+J
I get nothing using Outlook to collect mail, and Webmail over at Madasafish has now been closed.
DogSlow
DogSlow
Grafter

So, one way or the other, a resolution is in sight. It isn't the resolution I'd have wanted, but I have been driven to desperate measures.
I have finally got through to Customer Retention or Cancellations or whatever they call themselves, and have requested a MAC code. I don't want to leave this Company, in it's various incarnations I have been a customer for over 10 years, but I don't seem to have an alternative. Just leaving things as they are would mean that this could drag on for another week and I'd be no better off. At least this way I have the option to move elsewhere should no improvement be made in the next 5 days.
Of course in an ironic twist I asked about how the MAC code would be supplied, and was told it would be e-mailed to me! That being not possible I will have to brave the lengthy wait on the call centre linesagain. Deep Joy!