cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How FAST is your broadband - and are you happy with it?

drewid
Dabbler

Re: How FAST is your broadband - and are you happy with it?

Quote from: KJILM123

Sad
Not happy. I used to have 6.2 mbps too. Never got that back again.,

Me too!
PN don't give a toss. They'd rather spend money on TV advertising and sponsorship than improve their pitiful service.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You were on a 6500 profile, which I'd expect to see speed test results of up to around 6000 ish, slightly more than 1Mb less than that isn't really pitiful.
Having said that, your profile is now at 7150 (the highest on an up 8Mb service), so if you try another speedtest after rebooting your router you may see a slight improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 66

What a pathetic graph plotting system...... You could pick the first point at 3 mbps and the put that blue line up to the last point at just under 6 mbs, and it would look completely different... !
By the way, I am getting 1.3 Mg download, and I am happy..... your 4.7 would be nice...... and the 6.2 you used to get would be luxurious.......  Cheesy
there is always someone worse off than you  Wink
drewid
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
You were on a 6500 profile, which I'd expect to see speed test results of up to around 6000 ish, slightly more than 1Mb less than that isn't really pitiful.
Having said that, your profile is now at 7150 (the highest on an up 8Mb service), so if you try another speedtest after rebooting your router you may see a slight improvement.

Rebooted router and...

Vip3r
Grafter

Not the fastest connection in the world but probably the best I can get with a Line Attenuation of 61.0 db.  Undecided
Thanks to the DGTeam firmware and some SNR tweeks.
At least its stable for the most part.
(and double what I was getting from Pipex a few years back)
drewid
Dabbler

Quote from: shutter
What a pathetic graph plotting system...... You could pick the first point at 3 mbps and the put that blue line up to the last point at just under 6 mbs, and it would look completely different... !
By the way, I am getting 1.3 Mg download, and I am happy..... your 4.7 would be nice...... and the 6.2 you used to get would be luxurious.......   Cheesy

Clearly as far as intelligence is concerned you are a prime example.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Meow Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks for the compliment.... perhaps when you grow up, you will also be intelligent.  Cheesy
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: drewid
Quote from: shutter
By the way, I am getting 1.3 Mg download, and I am happy..... your 4.7 would be nice...... and the 6.2 you used to get would be luxurious.......   Cheesy

Clearly as far as intelligence is concerned you are a prime example.

Whilst I interpret that graph as showing a general downward trend (based on the bar which I assume is showing an calculated average), I would point out that from the graph given, the last 3 tests all took place on the same day with speeds ranging from between 3.2 Mg and 5 Mg.  Therefore this suggests that there is either something else running when you are doing some of your speed tests or that you maybe have a problem that you need to work with PN to resolve.
Incidentally, none of those speeds have been what I'd call "pathetic".  They are all well within the terms and conditions of your service.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

I'm more than happy with mine

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran

@ geoffstwin
I did not say the speed was pathetic..... I said   "What a pathetic graph plotting system"
gswindale
Grafter

@ shutter
my comments were directed at the honourable gentleman who stated PN don't give a toss. They'd rather spend money on TV advertising and sponsorship than improve their pitiful service.
Unfortunately I may have used the wrong word which has caused further confusion amongst these parts.
I stand by my comments that according to that graph, he's getting good service and not anything that is worth getting upset and whiney about.
shutter
Community Veteran

OK. Noted !  Wink
I agree the speeds indicated are "reasonable", but it is the way the graph is presented.... you can draw a blue line anywhere to cover three points (as it is shown) and make a case for whatever  you want... (not that the op did draw the line...).... just an observation...
drewid
Dabbler

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: drewid
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

speak for yourself.