Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

Mav
Fixes: 517

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Post merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

skycatcherx
Dabbler

Ill think of staying if my current offer is improved and someone phones me back!

danielmclean
Grafter

if you like plusnet  you should check there plusnet business line rental is alot cheaper  without lrs

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Why is a business phone less expensive than a retail phone?

I appreciate that you would lose on broadband speeds.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

gwilson150371

My daughter works at Plusnet you can renew your line rental 3 months in advance and it will just continue from when your current LRS expires.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@VileReynard

Probably because Business Broadband doesn't have those really silly offers which are subsidised by the line rental

wildthing666
Grafter

There seems to be an argument as to paying or not paying for line rental, I don't have a phone connected to my line, but do have a cheap set to call out should my mobile minutes run out. I am of the opinion that there should be two price structures one that gives you just the Broadband service at say £5 a month and one for those who use BB and the phone. I really resent having to pay over £185 LRS for 12 months when the only calls I used to get were  cold callers who I loved to wind up.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

How little do people seriously expect to pay for an unlimited Internet connection? I suppose people will be wanting free broadband for a year, no line rental because line rental is "outdated", and Plusnet to keep offering them that every year to reward their loyalty!

If line rental were scrapped, broadband tariffs would just go up by £20 per month.

danielmclean
Grafter

line rental should be cheaper for adsl broadband

danielmclean
Grafter

@Oldjim wrote:

@VileReynard

Probably because Business Broadband doesn't have those really silly offers which are subsidised by the line rental

well talktalk business broadband only is £1  and  £15.50 line rental    for the 12 months contract     and FREE Static IP address

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So - Plusnet Business Broadband is £1.99 per month plus line rental £12.50 and a free fixed IP address (prices exclude VAT)

danielmclean
Grafter

talktalk business have all there prices upfront with vat   and repairs are fixed withing 24 hours  not  3 or 4  days     

have you ever changed isp  or   you lucky not to be on there slowly stalling adsl    ?Huh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

@ejs wrote:

How little do people seriously expect to pay for an unlimited Internet connection? I suppose people will be wanting free broadband for a year, no line rental because line rental is "outdated", and Plusnet to keep offering them that every year to reward their loyalty!

If line rental were scrapped, broadband tariffs would just go up by £20 per month.

The primary infrastructure (the expensive bits) has always been keeping a reliable telephone system up and running. Broadband is mostly just piggybacked onto the distribution network - so it ought to be low cost.

AFAIK A Line Rental charge has always been levied. I disagree with the high cost of making calls.
A connection fee per call is surely a joke?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

A connection fee per call is surely a joke?

Couldn't agree more. One reason I don't even have my landline phone plugged in. Mobile all the way. And for very little money too.

What really does get me though is how much Plusnet, BT etc like to charge for international calls. If I was to use Plusnet to phone a landline in Vietnam, the cheapest it would cost me is £1.59 a minute. With other low cost providers I pay 5p a minute at any time of the day and with no connection fee! And that includes mobile to mobile. I might add call quality is always good as well.

To connect to a mobile in Vietnam using Plusnet I would pay a whopping £1.96 a minute! Sorry Plusnet, there might be mugs around but if that isn't over the top I don't know what is. Time to come into the real world.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Brandscill
Grafter

Hi,

Could someone please take a look at my account? I got an email saying we've calculated your termination charges at £36 which were incorrect as I was giving notice because of the price change. I called to get this resolved and the CS agent said he'd sort it but I couldn't really understand what he meant. The call ended in confusion on both sides it felt like. Just want someone to check that there will be no termination charge. I just tried Live Chat but it's been 'Busy' all day.

Thanks