cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get a problem fixed

pies
Grafter

Re: How long to get a problem fixed

With reference to your reply can i refer you to my reply on my ticket on 1:46pm, Wednesday 25th November 2009
I can't see how i'm going to get time of between now and Jan Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
I've just tried to give you a call, unfortunately it appears you were unavailable so I've left a voicemail.
The next step is an engineer appointment as you've eliminated your internal wiring as the caused of the problem. I've left you some information by VM so if you can let us know when is good for you we'll get it booked.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pies
Grafter

I heard the phone ring Chhris but as i was arguing with,and losing,some heavy steel pipe i couldn't pick it up
Thanks for trying but when i said no time off i meant no time off no Sats or Sundays until xmas Sad Im either on call or working Sad
Thanks again
Chris
Legend

Sorry to hear that Sad Unfortunately that's the next step of the faults process and the only was I can see your intermittent fault actually being resolved.
If you can let us know as soon as you know your availability we can get an appointment booked early in the new year.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pies
Grafter

Just for info the attached picture shows everything connected to my telephone system and i do mean EVERYTHING
The socket you can see is the BT master socket
The router you can see is brand new with the latest firmware installed its a netgear DG834G with firmware version  V5.01.14
The cable and microfilter are brand new

As you can see there are no extensions,no sky,no phone, zip nada nothing zilch
I have a tower unit and laptop, running different AVG i can connect both wireless and via ethernet it makes no difference.
So I can't see what  I've got connected incorrectly
Anybody still think my equipment is faultty
Smiley
Chris
Legend

As long as you've done the tests we ask, then it's highly unlikely your equipment is faulty. That's why an engineer is needed to find out what the actual problem is.
ps did you take that picture when you first set up your connection, the timestamp is quite old Smiley
pies
Grafter

Chris i took the pic about 10 mins before i posted the pic,i just haven't found out how to change the date on the camera Embarrassed
pies
Grafter

This really is taking te biscuit now
Last three entries on my ticket read as follows
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:41am, Monday 21st December 2009
Thanks for getting in touch, please let us know when you are going to be available for a engineer visit as soon as you know, and then we can arrange this for you for the problems to be investigated.
Kind regards,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your comment 12:44pm, Thursday 24th December 2009
Can you book an Engineerr to visit
Im available from 11-01-10 to 15-01-10

Please can you comfirm when you have booked the engineer for
regds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday 28th December 2009
The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thats got to be a joke im now expected to go through all the hoops again well forget it
A joke is a joke but this is now taking the piss Angry

pies
Grafter

Well as you probably know I have now requested my mac code as its is now time i left the shambolic support is the only reason im leaving Sad
The support via the ticket system has been the worst customer service i have ever experienced from both the point of both a supplier and user
thanks to thosre on here who tried to help
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
That message just means BT closed the fault (possibly due to engineer appt times). You wouldn't need to go through the whole testing process again, we just need to reraise to BT.
pies
Grafter

The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now i know my English ain't that good but that statement reads.BT has closed the fault,if the problem re occurs restart broadband checker
If it is supposed to read ANYTING else then it should read exactly as it should
As ive said ive had enough of running through hoops for PN, i dont care what problems they have with their supplier they are not mine.
pies
Grafter

Well yesterday i had constant problems opening a new web page,so i decided to stop using plusnets DNS vservers and used googles instead, thats 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Not had any dropouts since, Huh
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Someone asked earlier today about maximising speed and resilience of DNS settings. See my response: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80867.msg675150.html#msg675150
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pies
Grafter

Intresting that it works better Smiley
Today i disconnected the bell wire at the rear of the BT master socket
my router jumped up to a DownStream Connection Speed  of 3168 kbps
My download speed is still only 1mb max,but i know the problem is not on my equipment Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You need to consistently sync at a higher speed for up to 72 hours and then BT will raise your IP Profile (as shown by the BT speed test), within 12 hours of that happening Plusnet will raise your current line speed shown on the portal and you will only then see faster results on speed tests.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)