cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there customer support based out of the UK please?

ritz
Grafter

Re: Is there customer support based out of the UK please?

Quote from: geofftswin
It's all a case of interpretation.
We have 2 call centres that we could be put through to when we ring Plus Net up.
PN have 2 call centres that you could be put through to when you ring them up.
Means exactly the same thing, but expressed differently.

if you read his post in isolation here, you are probably right... however, if you take a look at his other posts, it looks like the guy really thinks he is part of plusnet!
he might have helped others in this forum in the past but, unfortunately, in this thread he is off-topic and i hope moderators read these lines. i wonder whether plusnet staff get irritated if someone misleads the forum?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

please excuse me but can you tell me what it was that I said was incorrect
The £49.99 should only be payable if you havnt got a current line,

that is correct
the set up fee for Broadband, I thought was £40, and there you have two options, pay up front and go on a 1 month contract, with 10 days notice, or agree to stay for 12 month on "Deferred" where you dont pay the £40 and if you stay for 12 month it is written off, if you leave early you have to pay - again only 10 day notice required

that is also correct and it clearly says so on the portal page
Stuff you need to know
If you leave Plusnet in your first 12 months after receiving a free set-up, router or house move, we'll charge you for these. If you remain with Plusnet for 12 months after receiving a free set-up, router or house move these charges will be waived. You can also choose to pay for any of these up front if you want more flexibility. Prices displayed are inclusive of VAT. View our terms and conditions.

and you dont have to be so rude , you havnt even joined yet
pierre_pierre
Grafter

he might have helped others in this forum in the past but, unfortunately, in this thread he is off-topic and i hope moderators read these lines. i wonder whether plusnet staff get irritated if someone misleads the forum?

Again I was never off topic, you asked a question, I answered it correctly,
Mikko asked a question,I answerred that
Torbayguy asked a question I answerred that at no time was I off topic
ritz
Grafter

Quote from: adamwalker
Hi Ritz,
There is a backlog with our suppliers which is why your order was not raised until today so this is not due to any agent error on our side of things. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with how things have gone when you have dealt with the Durban call centre, however any training issues that have been highlighted by this will be raised where needed.

adam,
I do not agree with you; if you take a careful look at my tickets and forum posts, i have been very clear: your substation's triple error has delayed my order by 1 (or maybe 2?) days. i summarise the errors below if these have not become clear yet. i am trying to be constructive here:
- they called me on monday morning for the 49.99 fee. i asked for a call back before 1pm, which was acknowledged. they didn't call.
- they called on tuesday morning at 8:30 responding to my "call before 1pm" request of the previous day. they were unaware of the fee that i offered to pay!
- (now listen to this one:) they placed an order for a new phone at 8:32am on tuesday (that is just after we hang up, as the ticket suggests) without taking the fee! much later i spoke to matt from the forum (thx!) and finalised the fee payment with him, irrespective of the morning order, which had already taken place?!
the sequence of events does not seem right to me.
i haven't heard any comment on my previous non-academic question "why one has to go to a public forum to get useful customer support?" there is nothing in the contract that obliges plusnet to offer any support through a forum and i wouldn't normally have to write here to receive attention. the substation or any other part of the company should be able to offer this type of service through direct customer support channels.
if someone tomorrow decides to pull the plug from the forum, or plusnet management decides to withdraw mand, matt, adam, etc. from servicing this forum, are there any guarantees that i will receive any good customer support, or i will have to rely on the - admittedly - substandard substation in durban?
i hope you take this feedback seriously and you will go a step further than just noting that you will address these issues with appropriate training. currently, i have no confidence at all that i will get anything sorted in a timely manner if the durban staff gets involved.
thanks.
ritz
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Hi ritz,
Thanks for your time on the phone - the fee has now been taken and the order is progressing. I'll also address the issues that you mention with our support centre.

matt, thanks. could you please provide the engineer's date in writing. there is no ticket yet that confirms the date you offered verbally. and if this can be sped up by any means it would be highly appreciated. cheers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Good morning ritz,
We have a few problems with our internal systems right now so I can't update your ticket to show that in writing just yet but please be reassured that I will be updating this as soon as possible.
Just to confirm, according to the information on your account you signed up on 9/4/10 and your order was submitted for approval on that day, this is displayed on ticket 32887288. Our suppliers then approved the order for us a few days later on 13/4/10 which is when we updated the ticket to confirm the order reference and the lead time. So any issues taking payments did not cause your order to be delayed as at the point Matt took the payment the order was already in place. The time between 9th and the 13th was the time it took our suppliers to confirm the order for you due to a backlog which I made you aware of in my last response.
To address your other points here
- they called me on Monday morning for the 49.99 fee. i asked for a call back before 1pm, which was acknowledged. they didn't call.

We are sorry that a promise was made and seemingly broken here, a narrow time window was agreed to and seems to be the reason why the call did not occur. This is our fault and the agent you spoke to should not have agreed a call back before 1pm that day if it was not possible for us to fulfil that promise.
- they called on tuesday morning at 8:30 responding to my "call before 1pm" request of the previous day. they were unaware of the fee that i offered to pay!

The agent who called was confirming the details of your order and as such seemingly was not aware that a fee needed to be taken as this would have been dealt with separately by a customer services agent (most likely the one you spoke to on Monday) that agent then did not get back to you as a result of our intervention after you made this post.
- (now listen to this one:) they placed an order for a new phone at 8:32am on tuesday (that is just after we hang up, as the ticket suggests) without taking the fee! much later i spoke to matt from the forum (thx!) and finalised the fee payment with him, irrespective of the morning order, which had already taken place?!
The ticket was updated to confirm the order not to state that it had just been placed. As confirmed previously the order was raised on the day you placed the order (the 9th)
In answer to
"why one has to go to a public forum to get useful customer support?"
we don't agree that you have to do so, the number of users on this forum are a small subset of our customer base. we do not deny that you have had a bad experience in dealing with the Durban call centre and we do understand that first impressions can be vital but we would not expect you to have the same issues at every single point of contact, it is clear that a low expectation has been set with you and educating any agents who have not dealt with this as well as possible should help us avoid any future problems for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ritz
Grafter

adam, thanks for the informed answer. glad to see someone from plusnet is reading the feedback.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot ritz, lets see how things pan out from here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ritz
Grafter

adam, i've been given the date of the engineer's visit for the new line (Fri 23/4) over the phone. i filed a ticket (probably not to the right pool as its response suggested) to ask for confirmation. i'd appreciate if someone could re-confirm this date.
i'd like to proactively save myself (and you Smiley ) from another complaint for a missed promise. with my confidence at its lowest level in plusnet's substation (and now in the ticketing system, as i'm finding out in the forum), i really hope that someone calls/responds with the date as promised (or sooner, if that's technically possible) and not with another offer for later. i'll freak out again then! Smiley
cheers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi ritz,
We can definitely confirm that the appointment has been been booked for between 0800 and 1300 on the 23rd. I will confirm this via a ticket too for you too, I did just try calling but your mobile was not accepting calls.
We have been aiming to get you something sooner and upon querying this with our suppliers  they advise that this is the soonest available date which is purely due to engineer resourcing in your area. This seems to be due to the recent flood at the Paddington exchange which is causing a few backlogs at the moment.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ritz
Grafter

thanks, adam.
my phone was indeed in poor signal location over the last hour, thx for calling. your ticket response has been noted, and closed.
this is excellent, cheers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot ritz .
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team