cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

It recently took nearly eleven days for my ticket request for line interleaving to be switched off, to be correctly applied !  Embarrassed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

@Glenn That's order 1-15276886937 raised and due to complete tomorrow Smiley

@ purleigh Sorry to hear that, don't worry we hadn't singled you out that looks to have been due to an unexpected problem with was genuinely out of the norm.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=_Adam_Walker_]was genuinely out of the norm.
No it wasn't,  it was actually quite consistent with MANY other tickets that I have raised recently.
I have had all sorts of trouble where ticket answering staff are completely unaware of how legacy products work and telling me the only solution is to change to a current product - they were WRONG !,  tickets that have taken up to eight days to even get a first response - let alone be resolved,  tickets that are incorrectly actioned - so have to be revisited,  and tickets that staff acknowledge as being a problem then repeatedly returning the tickets unsolved back to the 'ticket service pool' for the next operative to kick into the long grass.
Your ticketing system is broken,  ticket answering staff are not adequately trained,  and problems raised are given inadequate 'quick fix' solutions rather than any effort made to properly resolve why a particular issue arose so that it won't happen to the next customer.
So no I didn't think I was singled out,  your ticketing system has always been inadequate !
I am just thankful that there a few very capable staff that frequent this forum that have been able to help with my issues that have been apparently too difficult for the ticket answering staff to resolve.
Unfortunately there are also some staff on here that are of no help at all, for example -
[quote=abbreviated extract from PM to Adam Walker]
Hi Adam,
I'm looking for some help, ....
All I want to do is ....
My account is 'purleigh' ....
I have tried using the official ticketing system three times now, using the link specifically intended for ....
Unfortunately each time the response indicates that the operative either doesn't understand how ....
I hope you can help !
Thanks
Three days later the reply was -
Hi Purleigh,
Sorry for the late reply to this. I'm receiving a quite high number of PM's at present so it's untenable for me to deal with them all. To be honest anyone in the CSC should be able to perform the account change you've mentioned without issue, so I'm going to advise raising a ticket.
Adam

...so the advice is to raise another ticket in the hope that I stumble upon a fourth member of CSC who might have a different answer ?
Glenn
Grafter

I got my upload speed uncapped per my request on Thursday...interleaving was off at the time.Just checked my router stats and my SN Margin has increased and interleaving has been switched on.
I disconnected/reconnected the PPPoA session twice yesterday to gateway hop because there was lag while browsing and it helped to be on a different gateway.Also noticed the uptime has reset too....there must have been a resync that I didn't notice.My download speed has reduced slightly as well.
Any ideas why this has happened...my SN Margin was like 5.9/4.6 before this btw.  Smiley
DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 4:47:31
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.044 / 8.099
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 169,35 / 1,99
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,8 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 17,8 / 36,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6,1 / 9,0
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 71.951 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 12 / 41.357
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 2 / 45
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 1 / 369
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The re-sync might well have been when the DLM changed target noise margin to 9dB and turned interleaving on. Assuming SNRM was OK the likely reason for this is high error rates.
The 21CN DLM has a reputation for managing connections quite aggressively; leaving it to manage as it sees fit is often the best approach. If it sees stability and lower error rates it might undo some of these changes in a few days.
David
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks for the reply spraxyt....I did notice the errors had increased just prior to this now you mention it.I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it improves.Disconnecting/reconnecting the PPPoA session to gateway hop wont do any harm I take it.  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Nope hopping is fine. It pays to wait about 30seconds before clicking Connect.
Have you been listening to your phone line recently? Don't forget what I said. It is sounding like a bit of a possibility. You might have to be a bit OCD with the checking.
Glenn
Grafter

Hi Anotherone....I've been dithering over getting a phone to check the line...whether to get a decent one or a cheap one.Either way I will have to get one to be able to listen for noise.
It has been raining very heavily for the last few days here in Edinburgh....perhaps that's played a part in it.My line is a new installation with Plusnet.The engineers checked it when it was installed and said it was all green.  Smiley
The SN Margin is coming back down I noticed:

DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 10:34:50
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.044 / 8.099
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 173,84 / 1,99
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,8 / 0,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6,0 / 8,1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 71.983 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 22 / 124.006
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 2 / 88
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 1 / 799
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If by decent you mean a fully featured cordless phone and by cheap you mean a very ordinary wired phone buy the cheap wired one.
It's not unknown for cordless phones to introduce some noise and we advise people to get hold or a wired phone to double check.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

As jelv says, a cheapish (pricewise but not quality wise) corded phone is the thing to have. Probably best to get a known brand from an established seller, it doesn't need lots of clever features - more likely to go wrong!
Glenn
Grafter

Yeah I just mean a standard corded one....I was looking at an iDECT cordless that operates on 1.85GHz and supposedly doesn't interfere with wi-fi.  Smiley
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5527258.htm
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It might say it doesn't interfere with WiFi but does it say it doesn't mess up ADSL? Tongue
If you bought that and still had issues/noise on the line we'd tell you that you had to get hold of a corded phone to double check!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Glenn
Grafter

I'd like to ask one of the DCT to undo my upload speed uncap.I asked on the phone if it would affect my download speed before requesting it to be uncapped and was told that it wouldn't.That's the reason I requested it.
Sadly since my upload was uncapped I've noticed lag when browsing...pages taking longer to load.I've gateway hopped but it hasn't helped.I rarely upload and would like the speed it took back on the download side...thanks.  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

It shouldn't affect your download at all. The most recent stats that you've posted suggest that your DS Target SNRM has gone up to 9dB, so the Exchnage DLM obviously doesn't like whatever is happening on your line! That's why the DS speed is slightly down.
Have you checked your Current Line speed (Login required) recently? You need to check it's consistent with the BT IP Profile.
Have you got that corded phone yet?
Glenn
Grafter

I was told after getting my upload uncapped that it takes a bit of speed off the download side to increase the upload speed.The download speed reduced as soon as my upload uncap went through and my browsing has noticeably lagged since.
I just checked my current line speed in my Plusnet account and it's went down from 8.3Mb to 7.1Mb now.  Sad
Just took these router stats:
DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 1 day, 19:11:57
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.039 / 8.000
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 850,48 / 1,11
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,6 / 0,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5,8 / 8,4
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 18 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 79.112 / 1
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 28 / 7.997
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 18 / 17.412

I haven't turned the router off or touched anything....it has been heavily raining last weekend.But this happened as soon as the upload uncap went through.I still have to get a corded phone to listen for noise on the line.  Sad