cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Glenn
Grafter

Re: Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

I'd like to ask one of the Plusnet team to reset my SNRM please...thanks.  Smiley
...hmmm it was just ignored by staff.....no use doing it at night of course  Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there,
I've just submitted that for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Glenn
Grafter

My sync went up to 9.191 yesterday morning and my plusnet current line speed hasn't updated to reflect the higher sync...would someone give my profile a nudge up please.
Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Profile upped from 7800 to 8100 Smiley
Glenn
Grafter

I've been meaning to post about the fact that after I installed the high quality RJ11 cable that the Line Attenuation in my 582n router went up from 18 / 37 to 18,3 / 37,5.The new RJ11 cable is about a foot longer than the Plusnet supplied RJ11 cable...strange or what!!!
Anyway, last Sunday (30/06/13) I noticed my SNRM was 6.4 at 8am so I decided it might be a good time to do a power off and on of my router using Anotherone's disconnect method to see if I could get my sync speed back up.
I've been told that early afternoon is the best time to do a resync as there is less noise, but I thought 8am on a Sunday morning was worth a try.Street lights were off and most people are still in their scratchers.
So I did the resync using Anotherone's method and my sync did indeed go up to 91.91...yay.Not as high as 95.25 it was before installing the new high quality XF-1e Professional Microfilter from Tandy but heading in the right direction.
On Tuesday (02/06/13) I decided to take out the new high quality RJ11 cable and put the Plusnet supplied RJ11 cable back in and did another resync at 6am this time...street lights were off and most people still in bed.My SNRM was was 5.4 and it resynced slightly higher at 91.99 this time.
I seem to get better resyncs at these times...I last resynced in the early afternoon when I was installing the new filter and cable about a week apart and my sync dropped by over 1Mb.
Just thought it was worth mentioning.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Definitely, cheers for taking the time to post about what you've tried.
Adam
PS
high quality XF-1e Professional Microfilter from Tandy

Can I borrow your time machine please? I'd like to go back to 1983 and get some parts to get my old Sinclair ZX 48k up and running again Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Time travel not required Adam.
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/hwsuppliers/4209147-adsl-nation-now-part-of-tandy.html?fpart=all&vc...
http://www.tandyonline.co.uk/electronics/telecoms-dsl/xf-1e-professional-adsl-microfilter.html
Not so sure whether they still stock many ZX components though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks Adam..I had a ZX Spectrum as well...I remember playing Chucky Egg on it.  Grin
ADSL Nation and Tandy online have merged...no DeLorean or flux capacitor needed.  Cheesy
w23..yep that's exactly where I got the XF-1e Professional Microfilter.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Time travel not required Adam.
Shocked  I had no idea Tandy had an online presence! I like it!
I wondered if you meant Radioshack or Maplin.
You'll be telling me that 80s fashions and music are in vogue again next...oh hang on!
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh Chuckie Egg on the BBC micro  Smiley
I used to be able to get to something like level 600 before getting bored !  Embarrassed
Glenn
Grafter

Wow...cool to have a wee go at it again on that link  Cool
We've come a long way since then to games like COD and Battlefield eh  Grin
Glenn
Grafter

My bill was due today and my payment was successful as usual...but the usage in my Plusnet account hasn't reset properly.
It's showing the last months usage of 112GB and it's just adding the new billing periods usage which started this morning on top of that...now showing 113GB.
In the Usage In Detail section it shows zero usage for today...which isn't true as I've streamed a few documentaries as well as surfed the net today.
Not sure if this is just on my account or a bug that's affecting everyone...I'd be obliged if someone would take a look and see about fixing it as it's nice to see what usage I have each day/week/month.
Thanks  Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you are describing happened to other customers last week, with billing dates of 8th and 9th July, and was linked to the VMBU usage reporting going wrong.  After a couple of days Plusnet fixed that problem and the faulty billing periods and missing reported usage were corrected.
The same problem started again on the 12th July - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=116539.
I'm sure it won't be just you with this problem,  and I guess the staff will start repairing the issue on Monday  Roll_eyes
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks for the info and links purleigh...my billing period is correct which is the 14th each month.It shows my current billing period as 14th of July - 13th of Aug but the usage is messed up.
Yeah the status in user tools claims it's resolved but obviously it isn't.  Smiley
Glenn
Grafter

Grrrrrrrr...I just had a power cut for 5 mins and I resynced at 8.827 when it came back on.  Angry
It was 91,91 and I was happy enough...gonna have to try to resync using Anothberone's disconnect method in the early morning after street lights go out and before people get up to see if I can get it back to where it was.
Grrrrrrrr again.  Angry  Roll_eyes

(Just a quick edit to say it seems I got lucky, my Plusnet Current Line Speed hasn't dropped since the above resync after the power cut..yay)
Cheesy