cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Glenn
Grafter

Re: Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

I noticed a brief dropped connection earlier and just had one again at 12.20am.My router has uptime showing only a few minutes...my sync has dropped to 8.402 grrrr.
I see on the portal there's been some maintenance work being done today but it claimed it was fixed earlier this evening...is this why I lost connection twice tonight ?
Plus I can't connect to youtube to continue watching a vid that was interupted by this...I checked down for everyone or just me and they say youtube is up....grrrrr
(Update: I closed my browser and restarted my usb wireless dongle and I can use youtube again, must've been an ip address issue after the dropped connection)
Roll_eyes
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There's no indication on the network graphs of anything amiss, though they are updated only every 30 minutes so wouldn't show a short blip. In any case a gateway problem would normally just drop the PPP (Internet) session and not cause loss of sync with the exchange.
The loss of sync you experienced a short time ago might have been due to SNR margin falling too low making the connection unsustainable, or perhaps error rates have caused DLM to make changes.
David
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks for the info...I hadn't checked my SNR for a few days.My SNR can drop low over night but it hasn't caused a resync before as far as I recall.
Nothing has changed apart from a drop in sync speed...interleaving hasn't been turned on thankfully.
I'll do a resync in the morning around 6am when it's very quiet noise wise to see if I can get the sync speed back up.
It's definitely an odd one.  Undecided
Glenn
Grafter

Ok..I did a resync there , my SNR was 6.5db and it resynced at 8.915...so almost back to where it was before last nights unexplained drop.
Still want to get it back to 95.25 where it was before I fitted the new filter and tried a new cable.
My Plusnet Current Line Speed was very quick to drop last night after the brief dropped connection, bet it's not gonna budge an inch back up now I've synced higher.
Roll_eyes  Grin
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Plusnet Current line speed should update within 24 hours. If you call in CS can set it manually.
David
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Glenn,
I've updated your profile on our side to match the current BT IP Profile
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks for the advice spraxyt...good to know I can do it that way.  Smiley
Hi Scott...thanks for that...I see it's went up from 7.5Mb to 7.8Mb where it is now.
Are you sure that's right ?....my sync is practically the same as it was when my Current Line Speed was 8.1Mb before this happened.
Before my sync was 9.191 and my line speed was 8.1Mb....my sync dropped to 8.827 earlier in the week there and my line speed stayed at 8.1Mb til this happened last night.
My sync is now 8.915...surely my line speed should be 8.1Mb.
(Edit: It's ok, I'm gonna try another resync in the morning before everyone gets up when it's quiet noise wise and see if I can get a higher sync)
Undecided  Smiley
ScottStorey
Pro

Yep, quite sure (although I just double checked)!
The BT IP profile is currently at 7865, so it might be that it hasn't quite creeped up fully yet (although a higher sync from the morning would not hurt matters....as long as it synced higher!)
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks for double checking...that's extremely odd considering what I said above about having a lower sync than the current one and the profile being higher.
Here's hoping the resync in the morning is better.  Cheesy
ScottStorey
Pro

I'll take a nosey after the resync for you, just post on here and let us know when it's done.
Glenn
Grafter

Will do...just checked on my SNR and noticed I had another auto resync (dsl linestate down in router event log) around 11.30pm and the sync speed has dropped to 8.430...consequently my profile has now dropped back down to 7.4Mb.
I've never had drops like this until last night...that's three in 24hrs...my line is always pretty stable.
  Shocked
Glenn
Grafter

Right...I just did that resync using Anotherone's disconnect method...ie dropping the ppp session in the router first then after a few minutes turning off the router then back on again after 10 - 15 mins.
My SNR just before it was 6.7db and it resynced at 8.779....better than it was but not as high as the 8.9 or 9.1 I'd hoped for.
It has been raining hard here for the last few days off and on...it's just been absolutely torrential again for the last few hours, but not sure if that's a factor.
Hmmpf...it's been crazy since Friday night...my errors have been the same as normal and interleaving has been off as it should be...wondering if there's been an issue with Plusnet or at my ESROS exchange.
I'll need my profile nudged up to match the higher sync now.  Undecided
ScottStorey
Pro

That has been updated for you, and is now set to 7.7 on our side to match the IP profile.
Glenn
Grafter

Thanks Scott...appreciate it  Smiley
Glenn
Grafter

I just did another resync there at 5.45am (after the street lights went out) using Anotherone's disconnect method..
My SNR just before was 6.2db and it has resynced at 9.283.  Cheesy
It was 9.191 on the 17th but I had a 5 min power cut that dropped it, then the shenanigans since Friday night as mentioned above.
So this is the best it's been for a while...9.525 is the highest it's been but not had that since I installed the new micro filter and tried that high quality RJ11 cable.
With my new sync now being 9.283...would someone please nudge up my profile to match it.  Smiley