cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Le sigh

Mand
Grafter

Re: Le sigh

Hopefully we'll get it sorted for you in the morning. Sorry about the problems so far.
rowler
Grafter

Engineer has been and gone, he found the fault and fixed it and I have a broadband signal!  He even fitted me a new phone socket which means I don't need a filter and he says should boost the signal as I am quite far from the exchange and am currently sitting at 2.6meg d/l speed on the test i just ran which is good enough for me!
So a week later than I should be I am finally online, but all I care is that it's up and running.  Hopefully thats the end of my broadband woes for a while.  Thank you forum team for helping sort this out, as without this I think it would have taken a lot longer.
(A very happy) Rowler.
Mand
Grafter

I'm really glad to hear that. Smiley
rowler
Grafter

Ok broadand has been running great all night...thats good.
I had a phone call while online and during my conversation I could hear a lot of noise on the line...I can deal with that.  Then all of a sudden it gets a lot worse, and sounds like it did previously and when i look at the router the DSL light is orange and flashing again, like previously.  Now when the call is over, its green again, but the speed is at 448 kbps...not good.  I will reboot it and see if that helps, but i dont want this happening every time I get a call.  Still an issue somewhere with the line?
Thanks,
Rowler
rowler
Grafter

Reboot has got me back up to a 3.5meg connection, so it is related to people calling me Sad
paulby
Grafter

I could hear a lot of noise on the line.

That's what'll be causing your BB to drop.  You need to raise it as a voice fault on the phone line (noisy line) with whoever you pay line rental to and not as a broadband fault.
rowler
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
I could hear a lot of noise on the line.

That's what'll be causing your BB to drop.  You need to raise it as a voice fault on the phone line (noisy line) with whoever you pay line rental to and not as a broadband fault.

Well thats Plus net too, so hopefully posting here will get it to the right people too! Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

maybe, but also raise a ticket and quote the number of the ticket here
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rowler,
I'll happily raise you a voice fault but as Pierre says please do raise a ticket - I need to know what sort of noise it is, whether it's present all the time, and whether it affects both outgoing and incoming calls. As soon as we have that information I'll get this raised for you.
I'm glad to hear the engineer attended though.
rowler
Grafter

I think hope this is right, I raised a ticket and is this the number you need?    ID: 32017115
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, I'll get someone to take a look at the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mikko
Grafter

Engineer has been and gone, he found the fault and fixed it and I have a broadband signal!  He even fitted me a new phone socket which means I don't need a filter and he says should boost the signal as I am quite far from the exchange and am currently sitting at 2.6meg d/l speed on the test i just ran which is good enough for me!

Looks as if you do need a filter.
rowler
Grafter

Quote from: mikko

Looks as if you do need a filter.

This problem has been there for over a week, before my broadband connection was even working.  I've tried 3 filters, and the guy has installed a socket that contains a filter. It's one of these, or very similar  http://www.clarity.it/xcart/product.php?productid=16134&cat=262&page=1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rowler,
This has now been raised for you.