cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Loyalty

Jim is this one correct? http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop  then click on no contract options under value Crazy
edit changed the button to click
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I assume you mean Read More Info. but I don't see the point you are making
flodden
Grafter

Im a bit confused. If I switch to Value will i be tied in for a year or is that just for new customers? Also do I get first month free as an existing customer?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You are not tied in for a year unless you take a free router or house move.
I don't know about the 1 month free but I very much doubt it.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim

sorry Jim, I put the wrong button, did edit my original  it should have been the  no contract options
paulby
Grafter

I don't know about the 1 month free but I very much doubt it.

I can't find a reference to one month free anywhere (anyone got a link?).
However, if it's a current offer then Mand said this in another thread:
Quote from: Mand
If you're upgrading from a product we don't sell anymore you'll get the introductory pricing too....

so I would assume that any introductory offer would apply as the OP is moving from BBYW Option 2.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Quote from: pierre_pierre

sorry Jim, I put the wrong button, did edit my original  it should have been the  no contract options
That is for new signups not transfers from another product
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but is it really still 12 months?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Pierre,
I really don't understand your point. The situation is as follows
If you are a new customer then there is a setup charge of £40 which you can pay in advance and then leave at any time on 10 days notice with no extra charges providing you didn't take the free router etc.
If you are a new customer and don't pay the setup charge in advance then you would need to pay it if you leave within 12 months - but there would still be a 10 day notice period.
If you are an existing customer and have been a customer for over 12 months then there is no charge when you leave - again with a 10 day notice period.
flodden
Grafter

This brings me back to my original point on loyalty, that Plusnet is doing nothing anymore for loyal customers, but is offering 1 month free to new customers.
I stay loyal for a 4th year and my reward is to be charged £5 more per month for my old package  which is no longer competitive or if I switch to a new package I dont get one month free like new subscribers and if I phone to cancel I get no answer, but have paid for waiting on the phone for 20mins.
paulby
Grafter

@flodden
Where are you seeing the one month free for new customers?  I can't see any reference on the PN website.
As Mand said - if you're moving to one of the new products from an old one you should get the introductory offers:
Quote from: Mand
If you're upgrading from a product we don't sell anymore you'll get the introductory pricing too....

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: flodden
This brings me back to my original point on loyalty, that Plusnet is doing nothing anymore for loyal customers, but is offering 1 month free to new customers.

Why not PM Mand and see if it is possible to offer any special discount for your loyalty?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

they do occasionally make offers, like around last Xmas the BBYW1 was 2G but if you asked by the end of Jan they put it up to 10G for the same price,  Hard luck on anybody who didnt read the Blog  http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/12/17/10gb-broadband-offer-broadband-only/
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
We regularly have special offers for new customers signing up, that's standard practice across many suppliers and industries, not just ours.
If you move from a legacy product (ie BBYW or prior) to one of the new products we'll apply the introductory pricing that new customers would get (ie 3 months at £x.xx and then an ongoing price of £x.xx).
We can't apply all special offers to existing customers, but then new customers can't get special offers or products that you may have signed up for, so there's a bit of swings and roundabouts there.
flodden
Grafter

If you type Plusnet into Google, the first search result promotes a 1 month free option and if you click on the link the offer promo code is displayed on the normal Plusnet web site. If you go to the Plusnet web site by any other link or by typing in directly you do not see the offer. Bit of selective marketing eh.