Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Query

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Re: Migration Query

Thanks Adam,
I have taken into account of the speeds I should get from the links you gave me, as you will see in the evidence in the ticket over the weekend I am not getting the speeds I should get at the times shown....
In the ticket you requested that I do another BT speed test, I will do that now and post a screen shot there.....
You say the change you proposed has gone through, but in the member centre it is still showing no change?
Also today my upload is supposed to be uncapped has that happened yet?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

If the proposed change has gone through, then it hasnt made the slightest difference so far in terms of download speeds and throughput, its still exactly the same.....ie everything now should be at line speed for me and I still cant watch You Tube clips or BBC iplayer etc as before.......
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you tried a PPP disconnect/reconnect? It might need that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Do you mean re-boot the router or disconnect / reconnect from the router login page?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Please see BT speed test attached as requested, as you will see it comes back fine, says I am getting 2mb download.
There is clearly a throughput issue as I did some speed tests on your website straight afterwards (also see attached)under the same conditions as a BT speed test ie nothing else downloading ect and you can clearly see I am not getting anywhere near the 2mb download speeds as BT speed test says I am......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Please bear with us here it does look like we may need our faults team to take another look at this for you. If you what you say is correct then this does seem to look like an intermittent problem as if your speed tests come back like the BT one displaying a connection at almost the full line rate it is not indicative of a fault. With regards to Jelv's comments I'm assuming they were asking if you had rebooted the router. Can you confirm if this has been done please.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I haven't re-booted the router as nobody has asked me to do that, would you like me to?
dogwhisperer
Grafter

The BT speed tests is done under no load conditions, as soon as a load is applied the speeds fall over, this could be explained by a dodgy line card at the exchange falling over under load conditions....we already know I have been moved to another port on the same line card as that was proved to be faulty......this port I would say is also suspect......
I wouldn't say my problem was intermittent.......its poor at best and sometimes gets worse.....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Just re-booted the router.......made no difference....I am syncing just over 3000 now (hundred or so more than before)....can see upload speed still hasnt been uncapped......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again dogwhisperer,
We need to clarify a few things here. The connection has been moved onto a different port on the same line card, ergo there was an issue with the port or the tie pairs being used and our suppliers are not aware of any other faults on the same card.
To help us look at this a bit more clearly can you please provide a more detailed explanation as to exactly what you mean about 'applying load' to the connection. We assume this refers to downloading whilst the tests are run. Speed tests will obviously show reduced speeds if you run them whilst downloading. For added clarity here can we also ask that you run some data captures for us whilst you are both using the connection and running speedtests? I'm going to add some more details to your ticket now about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

ALL the speed tests I have given you screen shots for have been done under no load conditions as I am fully aware that doing the tests while downloading will effect the results and slow them down......
The clue is when trying to watch You Tube BBCi players and general downloads that I have explained many times before.....I am just not getting the throughput.....understand?
I am quite happy to provide anything you require........
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I will look into what you want from me now....how about some proof that the line card or equipment at the exchange is up to scratch?
Perhaps do something radical and get BT to invite a customer and or plusnet staff to have a look for themselves at the exchange....?.....or do they have things to hide?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We have no requirement to prove this with our suppliers. There are set procedures for common faults (faults reported by multiple users on the same line card) when it comes to line card issues despite of costs and none are evident. We do appreciate that you may have a theory as to the line card being a cause of the issue but I'm afraid as you can appreciate not everything can be discounted with hard proof or evidence. Please give the data captures a try as this will help us gain further information that we need in order to deal with this for you. In the meantime we would also like to try performing some tests from here. With regards to that I will add something else to your ticket.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked your MTU and RWIN settings? (Most common error is having a larger MTU on the PC than on the router)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dogwhisperer
Grafter

MTU is 1500......
Adam,
I am currently trying to work out how to use the data capture thing you want results from, will post screen shots on ticket asap.....
With regards to your comments, its a shame then that when BT came to my house to see if they had fixed the fault they just plugged the laptop in for 1 minute and despite me asking to show them my actual throughput they were gone!!!......as usual they done the minimum as possible......  
How can a 1 minute test from BT be conclusive?.......