cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple failed attempts to switch to Plus Net (Phone and Fibre)

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Multiple failed attempts to switch to Plus Net (Phone and Fibre)

Which is why I suggested sort the address issue afterwards. So the new provisioning system clearly can't resolve bugs in OR's system.
And I hope any extra charges the OR impose for doing the way it's going to be done will be reclaimed from them afterwards then Huh
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: AndyH
I think now that Openreach use the PAF database to update daily (need to double check this), then there should be fewer issues.

When I was back at the pub, BTOR still had the old name for the pub (from 15 years back) in their asset records.  Did not seem to inhibit PlusNet ordering services on the existing line using the current name / address.
I smiled when I read the above as BT told me  / PlusNet that I needed to get the PAF updated... PAF had no record of the old pub name.  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrAnderson

Quote from: catelliott
Hi MrAnderson,
It looks like the best course of action would be for us to install a new line, as the transfer orders keep rejecting. This won't cause any further disruption, as we can send a multi-skilled engineer to install the phone and fibre service at the same time Smiley Let me know if you're happy to do this, and I'll sort the order out for you and update you via the ticketing system.

Is there a charge for this? What needs to be done, and what will engineer do?
catelliott
Grafter

There won't be any further charge for this. The engineer will connect you up a phone line from the exchange, then come to your property and complete the phone line and fibre installation. The installation of the phone line in your property is largely just testing the line, so it shouldn't be too intrusive. Once the line's installed, in all likelihood, the engineer will then pop off to the fibre cabinet to do a bit of work there, then come back and install your modem for you Smiley
MrAnderson

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you please arrange that for me. Thanks.
catelliott
Grafter

Would you drop me a quick PM with your availability for the installation? At the moment we're probably looking towards the end of next week/ start of the week beginning 2nd March Smiley
MrAnderson

No appointment has been booked, or if it has no one has bothered telling me about it.  I am now without a landline and Internet which I do need as I am unemployed and need them for Job hunting purposes. I haven't got a clue what is going on.
This isn't good.
Anotherone
Champion

Did you send Cat a PM?
catelliott
Grafter

Hi MrAnderson,
Ever so sorry for the delay in my response, I haven't been working the forums lately Sad I've placed your orders and updated the ticket online, and you should have received a text message with all of the information in.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Cat,
You highlight an area of real concern requiring consideration by CRT management.
Where an individual professionally takes personal ownership of an issue as you have done here, using PMs as the communication path, how when the mangers divert you to other work streams (Facebook and twit space) is continuity to be achived?  The same needs to be considered for leave and sickness.
It would be better if CRT individuals were retained to one contact channel rather than swapping and changing all of the time.
I guess if ticket turnaround was better, that system could be used for all client communication, thereby avoiding the potential for delays such as this one.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Really we should be managing this in the ticket system, however in some instances we can handle issues via PM. Unfortunately Cat's email address in her profile was incorrect, so she simply hadn't received notification of the PM and as there were no posts on the thread nobody else will have picked this up.
I'm going to get the rest of the team's email addresses checked to make sure they are correct in their profiles.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Cheers Chris,
You really are keen on process!  :D. Nice one.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Would it not be an idea to have all of the team's email set to CRT@plus.net? If you all accessed that using IMAP you could all have personal folders within the mailbox. One person detailed to monitor the mailbox each day and pick/respond or move emails to the appropriate folder.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Wouldn't that imply some proper management? So far only Chris Parrr seems to be able to do that Shocked
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Jelv
I don't think so, really we shouldn't be using PMs to communicate as they are unaccountable. Generally PMs are only used in rare circumstances, most of the team get a tiny amount so if they have their email address set correctly this should fix the issue.
Let's keep in mind that this is the first instance of this I've seen, so reinventing the wheel isn't really needed for a one-off.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.