cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Portal 404 error

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: plusnet account site does not work with firefox!

Yep, waited until each page was fully loaded each and every time.

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/home seems to be quick to load

from previous tab and then https://www.plus.net/member-centre/account seems quick to load

ditto and then https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mybillsandpayments&?membermenu=billsandpayments is rather slow to load

ditto and then https://www.plus.net/member-centre/my-perks seems slow to load

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/product-change is quick

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband is quick

https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account is quick

(though above tab causes TV tab to vanish)

https://www.plus.net/AddOns.html is quick

But moving back down in any order can - eg from addons if you click on manage account then you briefly see the log in screen (the large pink section).

Tabs as already mentioned don't always show a pink line under the sections mentioned.

edit. This used to happen before, but would've thought it would have been fixed by now too

missing.PNG

(depending on which tab you pick, the TV tab is removed/hidden)

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for that @DS 

I can't replicate that, just as Adam was unable to above, I'm afraid.

Anyone following this thread - are you able to confirm if this happens to you as well? 

Thanks, 

MoR

DS
Seasoned Champion

Note the edit, but this has always done it.

I'm using FF 66.0.4 if this will help

(with addons if this helps too)

I'm seeing it all of the time - the previously viewed screen doesn't always stay there whilst the new tab is loading. Are you guys saying you see the previous page until the another tab you clicked on has loaded?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@DS - does this happen if you use a different browser / device? 

- MoR 

DS
Seasoned Champion

Erm, houston plusnet we I have a problem..... Shocked

I've just fired up Edge (clean version, nothing extra installed) and I'm not getting the login page at all!!!!!

edge.PNG

So to answer your question, yes just tried another browser and it's actually worse.

Will grab another device and test with FF first then whatever other browser is on that

DS
Seasoned Champion

Posting this from another device

And I'm seeing exactly the same on Firefox

fwiw, here's one of the pages loading

loading.PNG

(I'd already navigated around all the tabs first, but some also do the above on this device also)

I must be missing something as Edge on this device also gives the same screen as per my reply above. I have no idea why two different devices on Edge do not load the login page at all - thoughts on why both can't load the username and password sections would be most welcome.

<insert a very confused look here>

DS
Seasoned Champion

Re: My Portal 404 error

I've even tried using different DNS settings and I still can't get Edge to load the login page.

If I mash the F5 button the normal pink banner is briefly there with the loading message, but it just closes the pink bit and reverts to the grey section only.

I will try tethering my mobile to this (my usual) laptop and see if it loads in Edge. Bear with.....

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

HI @DS,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem. Please can you attempt to connect to the site on one of the affected devices whilst using another network, such as your mobile network or a neighbour's signal? If this does work, would you be willing to turn your router off for roughly 70 minutes to secure a new IP Address, so that we can rule out that as the cause of the problem? (If you're okay to do this, then it may be best to do so overnight so as not to cause any further inconvenience to yourself)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion

LOL. I beat ya Tongue

(give me a few mins)

DS
Seasoned Champion

Huh

So I tried tethering and using Edge it almost loaded but still reverts to the grey banner. So it must be my browser on both devices or is it the site not allowing them to work?

I even fired up IE11 with the same results - it looks like it'll work but doesn't - same via tethering or connected to the router.

This was the first time I've ever used IE11 on this laptop.

Firefox 66.0.4 or a private page on FF both work, but with the issues mentioned.

edit. Edge is as per it's defaults, even with Java Flash enabled:

edge java enabled.PNG

I'm stumped

edit #2 to remove java and change to flash

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @DS,

Sorry in advance for the generic-ness of this response, but... Have you tried turning the devices off for about 30 seconds and then rebooting them to see if the issue persists?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion

I did and it still didn't work.

It's took me a few hours but I've cracked it, if someone can think of a reason why then it would be great.

So both Edge browsers are hardly used at all, but sticking plusnet member centre in the search bar obviously pops up the results..... but the search results are from Bing! - though why it would matter is something I can't answer.

And clicking on the top result of that search goes to the member centre site whereby it doesn't load, but if I then click on My Account (in the white upper banner) then the member centre log in screen loads fine!

But (yes there's a few buts) having logged in via Edge, the first two tabs load fine, the billing one is slow, my perks loads the partial login screen, but it does load but now I see an annoying popup from Plusnet:

Plusnet would love your feedback in order to improve our website

Which of the following statements best describes the main reason for you visit to our Member Centre today?

<with a drop down menu>

BUT I cannot close this fricken popup - so who's watching me via this bloody popup? There is no x to close it.

<insert a laptop alomost going through a closed window as popups are one of my pet hates>

Ah, but if I click another tab it goes away.

(and the TV tab still goes awol on edge too)

I also see the pink banner when I moved from addons to home

(so this is happening on two different browsersKnuppel)

OMG, more bloody popups

Now you're forcing me to give you a satisfaction questionnaire

(with no way of closing this either)

So was the maintenance the other night you guys filling the member centre with popups as I've never ever seen them before (plus guess a 3rd party is the one dealing with the surveys?)

Anyway, it works on edge if you load the member centre and then click on my account to go back to the same member centre URL. I shall keep using Firefox as at least I don't get the ruddy popups:)

edit. So I logged out the member centre for the last time using edge and it redirects to the member centre home page. You've now hijacked my browser as another popup has popped up and being as I've signed out I can't remove the popup.