cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outraged by engineer not turning up!

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Outraged by engineer not turning up!

Hi JakeCulpin,
As promised I ensured that this was chased for you this morning and you should have now had a phone call from my colleague in the Provisioning department.
Fireant
Grafter

same here with openreach they sooo unreliable but if your not in its a different matter and they charge you for not been in should be same with them idiots for not turning up when they should whats good for them is good for us and compensation from them for the customer .  Angry
AndyH
Grafter

There can be legitimate reasons an engineer over runs and is unable to make his last appointments as a result.
Both mine and my neighbour's fibre installs took longer than planned (neighbour's install took a full day - engineer came at 08:00 and was still working on it at nearly 19:30 in the evening trying to get things going) and resulted in other installs being missed.
Devonian
Grafter

True Andy, but there is simply not a single excuse in the Plusnet/BTOR hand book of excuses to explain why the CUSTOMER doesn't get a phone call, on the day, explaining that there is a problem, and informing thee customer about a possible solution.
Last year I had a fault on my line, which granted, was a real pig to diagnose and fix, however!
I had atleast 20 BTOR appointments, some engineers turned up, some didn't. 1 even turned up unannounced at 8am on a Sunday morning.  Every single one gave me a different diagnosis, even though myself and Plusnet told them what the problem was.
In my view the problem is in the lack of training, the use of subbies, and no reproach when appointments are simply scrapped.
Plusnet should be hammering BTOR, but for whatever reason they let their 'suppliers' do what they like.
Plusnet's great service is let down massively by the that hovel called BT OpenReach.
We can all see how the PN customer service has started to deteriorate now the BTinfluence is starting to seep in. 
There are some brilliant staff working for PN, but they can only work with the tools they are given.
Fireant
Grafter

Exactly  so they have you waiting and waiting then ring you at last minute to tell you that they wont be arriving  they could at least ring you to let you know in advance but no openreach just take the piss as ive experienced and makes you wonder go out and waste there time calling see how they like it . even if they charged for not been in and they called wouldn't get fuck all off me
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

[rant]
As I've said before, over and over again, it's down to bad (no terrible  Crazy ) management inside BT.
Almost every other supplier of services to your home can cope with this scenario and keep you informed, both before and on the day.
They also provide a point of contact where you can check what is going on and almost all non-BT engineers are proactive in calling ahead, or their offices do it for them
And it's also down to equally appalling management inside PlusNet and other ISP's who put up with the total lack of information from BT and do nothing (which they could) to assist their customers and also do nothing to change BT's ludicrously antiquated practices which probably date back to when they were a military-style government monopoly who assumed that "the wife" would always be at home awaiting their arrival at a time to suit them not the household.
It's rubbish and PN's excuses are equally pathetic.
[/rant]
There was a time when there was some evidence that PN management actually understood this and were trying to do something. Clearly they have given up.  Cry
(probably pressure from their parent company I'd wager  Angry )
Devonian
Grafter

Well said HP.
nastygroup

Well we join the club with the engineer not turning up the second time waiting bloody from 1-6 pm off from work unpaid who gona compensate that? !?! Very unhappy and changing provider Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Nastygroup,
Welcome to the forums.  Yes BTOR are truly appalling, sadly changing service provider is not going to avoid contact with BTOR the people who have already not turned up twice.  Your best bet is to sit tight and ask for a free expedited install.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: nastygroup
Well we join the club with the engineer not turning up the second time waiting bloody from 1-6 pm off from work unpaid who gona compensate that? !?! Very unhappy and changing provider Angry

Either Plusnet arrange an appointment which does not incur you a further loss of earnings (e.g. Saturday) or you claim the loss of earnings for the second appointment. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights explains.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi nastygroup,
I'm sorry the engineer didn't turn up yesterday as planned.
As Townman has stated, changing provider would normally not avoid contact with BTOR (unless you change to Virgin Media). Also, it's worth mentioning that the engineer's visit is to resolve a fault on your line. If you moved to another provider now this would not necessarily resolve the fault.
I can completely appreciate that this is a frustrating situation having waited in for an engineer who didn't show up. I can certainly sympathise - I had 3 failed engineers appointments when I was having Fibre installed last year.
I have just contacted our suppliers regarding your appointment and they have confirmed that the appointment is booked for today PM slot. I hope the engineer will be able to resolve the issues you're experiencing.