Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

rbel
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice

Chris
I hope that you have more luck than I did.  We experienced some difficulty even completing the Further Diagnostics part of the test and could not connect to the speedtest server - maybe something to do with the quality of my line Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hmm, they did say, when they got back to me, that there could be something on your computer that's causing the problem - something that I didn't entirely agree with.
I'm wanting to collate a list of programs that might be causing a problem, but before I do that, I'm going to speak to them tomorrow to find out exactly how the Speed Tester works and how it interacts with peoples machines.
I don't want to go round in circles with them on this so fingers crossed for tomorrow.
If anyone else has examples and screenshots, please, the more the merrier!
hex
Grafter

A while back I had issues running the further diagnostics page (the initial speed test ran fine) - in my case I found the problem was due to a transparent caching http proxy I was running.    Not sure that is relevant here (especially if the antivirus/firewall aspect has already been ruled out) but perhaps it will give you an idea of one of the potential causes that can make the test fail.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5