Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet - New Network

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet - New Network

Also, it's very likely that the latency on the first hop will be noticeably lower.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Do PN have a timescale as to when they expect customers to be transferred to the new network ?Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Customers are currently being transferred, however I wouldn't be able to give a timescale of when we'll have specific customers/everyone migrated.
I can only really repeat Reply #70
Quote from: HarryB
Quote from: jafreer
Quote from: Bob
it won't be obvious to everybody when they've been moved i.e. you won't all see traceroutes like that ^

Will everyone be getting moved over Bob?

Yeah, I believe that's the intention. There's a *lot* of circuits to move though so it will take some time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

Is the new network for 20CN customers (e.g. ADSLMax) or just 21CN/FTTC? And if so is it likely to improve latency and congestion for ADSLMax?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

I don't think there are plans to migrate 20CN/IPStream Connect users. Probably a case of waiting for BT upgrading your exchange before it can happen.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: G3WYP
I received a Txt message yesterday evening informing me that my broadband order had been completed! I had not changed anything.

I believe this problem was fixed yesterday so people shouldn't be sent spurious text messages any more. If anyone spies any further instances then give me a nudge.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Probably a case of waiting for BT upgrading your exchange before it can happen.

Ah well!  Cry  In our case it could be never?  Last plan said 2017 - but currently looking more likely to be 2019.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Oldjim
BT maintenance on the network (or Plusnet come to that) will not cause loss of sync just loss of PPP unless it was a specific update to the Cab (or you updating firmware).
Your session drop was longer than might normally have been expected and your latency has increased noticeably so I would say your routing has almost certainly been changed somewhere.
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I don't think there are plans to migrate 20CN/IPStream Connect users.

Does that imply keeping your existing Shared WMBC host links until the last exchange is finally upgraded?  Some don't even have planned dates.  In a cynical mood, does this mean that we as 20CN users can look forward to more contention and oversubscription as Plusnet cuts back on their Shared bandwidth?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

IPStream Connect bandwidth is allocated separately from WBC bandwidth anyway, so I suppose Plusnet don't want to be dividing it between two separate networks, considering that there's probably not that much of it anyway compared to the bandwidth for WBC end users. Perhaps the WBMC Shared network will be able to cope just fine once all the FTTC users get moved off it.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: ejs
... considering that there's probably not that much of it anyway compared to the bandwidth for WBC end users.

Unless I'm mistaken it's well below 20% of the overall bandwidth, possibly closer to 10%.
Quote from: aesmith
... does this mean that we as 20CN users can look forward to more contention and oversubscription as Plusnet cuts back on their Shared bandwidth?

Similarly to how bandwidth is allocated separately, we also forecast/plan separately. There will always be sufficient bandwidth to cope with the peak time demand of 20CN users Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I don't think there are plans to migrate 20CN/IPStream Connect users. Probably a case of waiting for BT upgrading your exchange before it can happen.

That is disappointing - although my exchange (Netherend) is being partially fibre enabled, many lines (including my own) are not to be fibre enabled. That leaves us on ADSLMax until 2020 or so. And despite having a full 8Mb sync speed I am unable to stream (iPlayer etc) at peak times, which is rather frustrating given that I'm paying extra by being in a Market A area and even more for ADSLMax Premium.
At least I live in the country so I have plenty of wood to whittle into spoons while I'm waiting for files to download...
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Looks like Bath/Bristol has moved.
http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/ shows pcl-ag07
But trace path has an extra link 195.166.130.216
1?: [LOCALHOST]                                        pmtu 1500
1:  dsldevice.lan                                        29.532ms
1:  dsldevice.lan                                        90.474ms
2:  195.166.130.216                                      58.222ms
3:  link1-central10.pcl-ag07.plus.net                    58.355ms
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't think that's any indication you've been moved. It's probably just screwy reverse DNS. Try a disconnect/reconnect and it will probably be back to what you're used to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Numbers don't need reverse DNS. And if the number is wrong, then routing doesn't work.
Hmmm. I'll try a reset - then see if I can access the routers routing table. If that has 195.166.130.216, then thats who I send packets down over ppp ....