Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet News

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet News

Roland Barzegar, Plusnet’s finance director, said: “In terms of our financial performance, the growth in our customer base is the big driver. At the same time, we run a tight cost base. We’re a value brand. One of our core values is being savvy with money.

The consequence of these policies is that customer satisfaction is slipping significantly. See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141232.msg1264604.html#msg1264604
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Plusnet has one of the highest churn rates in the industry. The risk there is that something happens and you keep losing customers at the same rate but you don't keep gaining new customers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: Anotherone
I'm sure it was just in excess of 850,000 or so when I looked at a collated users on line graph before they disappeared.

The last I saw was around 858,000.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@Jelv,
That is an important consideration.  Young marketers get all excited at the acquisition of new customers (whatever the win-over cost) and yet are blind to the churn consequential to cost-cutting reduction of customer services (ticket system, ticket turn around and phone answer duration) and reduced functionality (VoIP, Fax2mail, web & cgi services ... and the rest).
I supposed that such jobs "need" to be created at the expense of simply having good support staff / engineers doing the right things to deliver the best possible service, which will sell itself without silly marketing gimmicks to get new customers, only to lose them at the end of the offer contract.
If this is not really an issue, then there ought to be no problem in publishing churn and retention rates.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.