Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Portal Down

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Plusnet Portal Down

Looks like the portal is down.
I spoke to Kerstie on Chat and it maybe an hour or so.
No service Status though.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
13 REPLIES 13
greenway

Re: Plusnet Portal Down

Yes, as I just found when password was not accepted earlier, tried to reset password, checked "status" to make sure everything was OK, struggled with password again, gave up, phone up to find a pre-recorded automated message telling me that the internal systems were down and will be affecting the website.
Would it have been too much of a struggle to have put this on the login/portal status page? I guess so.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately we're having some issues with the portal, this is also affecting internal systems meaning we can't post a service status at the moment.
As I get more news I'll reply here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've checked and it's been put on 08009176714 Cheesy
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
All4One
Grafter

Quote from: greenway
phone up to find a pre-recorded automated message telling me that the internal systems were down and will be affecting the website.
Would it have been too much of a struggle to have put this on the login/portal status page? I guess so.

... Crazy
Alucidnation
Rising Star

This place gets better by the day.
Chris
Legend

We'll hopefully be back up shortly, testing the fix at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: All4One
phone up to find a pre-recorded automated message telling me that the internal systems were down and will be affecting the website.

... Crazy

It is possible that due to whatever the problem is - it is NOT POSSIBLE to "get to" the server to do as you suggest?
It looks as though "plus.net" is down or unreachable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Looks like we're back folks, sorry about that.
greenway

Quote from: All4One

... Crazy

If the "crazy" icon was aimed at me... why? OK, the login page I can understand - but surely the status page is not on the same infrastructure as the main Plusnet site? That really would be crazy!
So, even if the whole entire Plusnet infrastructure was down, surely someone there has a 3g phone/dongle to update the off-site status page?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

but surely the status page is not on the same infrastructure as the main Plusnet site? That really would be crazy!

It is! Crazy
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm confused  Embarrassed    Tried to log on earlier today,just to check my bandwith usage,couldnt get in ofcourse.

Was able to see the forum pages and saw that there was trouble 't mill. Saw several posts on this thread,then it struck me, how were several posts,mostly by none staff members,able to post,if they couldn't log on.  Answer please  ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The forum login is totally separate from the account login and usually, but not always, the forum stays up when the main portal is in trouble
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm an Idiot ! Tried to log in earlier to post msg.............with wrong username/pass combination  Doh !