Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet refusing to pay cashback

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet refusing to pay cashback

It isn't and they don't
Why you should believe BT were telling the truth about a competitor  I have no idea
joclark
Grafter

Hi, what Oldjim has said is correct, BT retail are one of our main competitors, however for them to say we intentionally drop the speed at peak times is not the truth. We do have a traffic management policy which is to benefit you as a customer. If you check out http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml this will give you our traffic management.
I hope this helps shed a little light on the policy which we have, I would advise raising a troubleshoot you can do this http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/
Thanks
Jo
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: joclark
We do have a traffic management policy which is to benefit you as a customer.

For the avoidance of doubt, this simply determines the sequence (priority) with which different time sensitive traffic is sent to you when BT's infrastructure is not able to cope with the speed at which data is available.
Synch speed between you and the exchange is entirely controlled by BT equipment.
The ability to transfer data between the exchange and PlusNet is limited only by the available capacity across BT's network  Consider implementing a TBB BQM to see if your exchange is congested.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

boacon
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
It isn't and they don't
Why you should believe BT were telling the truth about a competitor  I have no idea

Because it appears to be true. PN calls it traffic management, speed is reduced and we have seen it quite a few times already. We never had this happen with BT.
boacon
Grafter

Quote from: joclark
Hi, what Oldjim has said is correct, BT retail are one of our main competitors, however for them to say we intentionally drop the speed at peak times is not the truth. We do have a traffic management policy which is to benefit you as a customer. If you check out http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml this will give you our traffic management.
I hope this helps shed a little light on the policy which we have, I would advise raising a troubleshoot you can do this http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/
Thanks
Jo

I don't think I said BT told me you drop speed at peak times, they told me when a customer is using a lot of bandwidth when gaming for instance the speed will drop off, this APPEARS to be the case. We don't notice it but our kids have mentioned it a few times now and have commented that 'this new internet is rubbish'.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: boacon
I haven't to be honest. I was told by BT that although PN offer unlimited broadband they do in fact speed limit the connection at times of high use. Our kids do complain about the speed suddenly dropping off when they are gaming. Not sure if there is any point raising a complaint if this is a known policy really.

I don't see speed drop offs:
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

... but our kids have mentioned it a few times now and have commented that 'this new internet is rubbish'.

I guess they must be right - I'm sufficient old enough and experienced enough now to know nothing of worth!  Lips_are_sealed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deezel55
Grafter

Quote from: deezel55
Yup, same thing here, having to chase cashback, same old excuses, it's really appalling
its damn miserable chasing something which has been promised but is not delivered.
damage done for these delays probably incalculable
get your finger out plusnet and fulfill your commitments

This really is the crux of the matter, I can't imagine I am the only one that will definitely NOT re sign with Plusnet when our contract is up. The product provided is OK although our kids complain that when both playing online games the speed suddenly drops to virtually nothing. Because of the shocking customer service I will certainly be looking elsewhere. I wonder how many others will do likewise ?

Although the plusnet broadband offering is very competetive you sometimes wonder if paying a little more might be the best idea. I can do without all this agro and the BS they give you. Just pay up for crying out loud
GrandadMaster

Hello. Another person her who hasn't received cashback or an email. Customer service, can you sort it please?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@deezel
I see that one of my colleagues has been dealing with this for you.
@GrandadMaster
The offer on your account isn't showing as a cashback one, it's showing as a 12 month discount.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
deezel55
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@deezel
I see that one of my colleagues has been dealing with this for you.
@GrandadMaster
The offer on your account isn't showing as a cashback one, it's showing as a 12 month discount.

I have been enquiring about this cashback since 25th feb.
The latest message from plusnet on this is:

Dear Mr ****
I am sorry to hear that you have not received the cash back as agreed.
I can see an open complaints ticket, reference: ***************. Our complaints team are currently awaiting a response from the marketing team and will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience in this matter and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I have returned this ticket to you for monitoring purposes and the ticket will remain open with you for the next 14 days. After which It will automatically close leaving a full copy of the notes on your account.

This is the same answer that I received when ringing you c/s on 25th february.
This is NOT dealing with it.
It is called "kicking the can down the road"
It's a nonsense!
deezel55
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@deezel
I see that one of my colleagues has been dealing with this for you.................

Incidently, "dealing with this......."  means          PAYING THE CASHBACK
Quite simple really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@deezel
Why are your posting in two threads about your problem?
@all
I have commented on deezel's other thread.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
warris

I've been trying to get cashback from plusnet since Dec 2014. I've tried phoning, email, twitter and all I get is "it will be with you shortly: the email has been sent: it will be with you by next Wednesday" and the latest rubbish is this:-
"Thanks for your query.  We have had a response & the redemption email has been sent out to you on the 19th.  Please allow 1 - 2 weeks for delivery  If you still have not had it after this, please raise a query with us once more, as we will need to raise this with our marketing team, to request a resend of the cheque.  Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.Support services are available here http://www.plus.net/support, and our community pages can be found at http://community.plus.net.You can also use our new tool called Plusnet Assist which is available here: http://www.plus.net/assist. ; Kind regards,  William Harrison"
Needless to say the redemption email has never arrived either in my main email or my plusnet email - odd that as ALL emails from plusnet are sent to both boxes. Why does it take 1-2 weeks for an email to arrive if it was sent on 19th?
Plusnet obviously do not want to honour their commitment; have little or no intention in paying this. As far as the law is concerned the cashback was part of the "offer to trade" and a material consideration in accepting the contract. By not paying it, delaying payment and/or avoiding paying it they are in breach of contract.
I have absolutely no intention of waiting a further two weeks for a payment that plusnet clearly do not intend to honour. I am today issuing a claim in the small claims court for the money owed. I do not want to deal with a company that is so dishonest and treats it's customers with such contempt. I will also be advising all my social media followers, many of whom, to my shame, I have recommended plusnet to, of how they treat customers.
That'll do you proud!