cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Tidgy
Grafter

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Quote from: Bob
To be blunt, we are not in a position to offer a response to the majority of your questions. e.g. I can't tell you whether or not ACS Law have provided us with details about the customers they've prosecuted because *I simply do not have this information available*.
That isn't to say that we haven't asked for it though.

Thanks for the post Bob. Much appreciated.
You state that you are waiting for the information we require. I take it that the BT Legal Team are handling the enquiry and that there is an internal hold up.
It’s a shame this hold up is so lengthy as it indicates to us subscribers that Plusnet Customer Service are not good enough when in fact it is highly likely to be the more inept BT Legal Team that are at fault.
If it’s true that only BE Unlimited were on the last Court Order request then that is promising. Perhaps ACS are withdrawing PN from the list of ISP’s to target. We live in hope!
I wonder Bob if you or any PN staff can advise when the last request for disclosure by Court Order was made to Plusnet? Was it the November one? Surely that is not confidential or detrimental to any current investigations or actions? Please can you find out and let me know either here on by email, or do I have to raise a support ticket?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Obviously all of this will be detrimental to Plusnet in future "Customer Support" surveys.
It seems they can't be bothered to communicate with their customers whether they are assisting in the sending of scam letters (or not)?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

davethir
Grafter

D Day + 9 -------1 day since ACS Law applied for another batch of NPO's
Well, as of today ACS Law will be very busy, they will be sending letters to the ISP's detailed on the NPO, (there were probably many other ISPs but the HM Court website only lists the 1st one on the case title.)
So Plusnet what will you do when you get the letter from ACS Law (assuming that plusnet were on the NPO), will you Roll over and give the names and addresses of your Subscribers or will you use the information in the report given to you by ACS Law which (probably) shows that no one has been taken to court from the last batch of names you gave, to Defy a Legally Binding Court order.
By not releasing the information yesterday when it could have done some good, you have delayed, which means that in order for you to protect and stand up for your customers you must BREAK THE LAW by not complying with the court order given to ACS Law yesterday. But you will probably not be prepared to go that far and the cycle will continue.
In a couple of months ACS Law will have another few thousand Names and addresses to send their "Threatening letters" to  Cry
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: A
Obviously all of this will be detrimental to Plusnet in future "Customer Support" surveys.

Do you really believe that?
How many of the small handful of people who have received letters will associate said letters with PN and rate them lower in a survey?
How many of the people who have seen this thread, will actually be asked to take part in a survey?
How many of those who do get asked would mark PN down off the back of this thread?
How much of an effect would this relatively small number of dissatisfied punters have? (Remember PN have still picked gongs up during periods when they've upset more people than they might have in this instance.)
Toolbox
Grafter

Quote from: davethir
Well, as of today ACS Law will be very busy, they will be sending letters to the ISP's detailed on the NPO, (there were probably many other ISPs but the HM Court website only lists the 1st one on the case title.)

If Plusnet have given out more names I will ask for my MAC as soon as I know they have.
They knew customers had concerns over this.
They have had plenty of time to answer the questions asked.
And if the result of court cases was zero they could have avoided the court action or at least made a case not to be party to it.
Having said that maybe the judge should have asked himself the question of how many went to court as he made the order.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

If Plusnet have given out more names I will ask for my MAC as soon as I know they have.

I have already requested my MAC, what a palava that was too.
To be honest i lost the rag having being asked over and over again to repeat myself, call centre in Sheffield my arse !
scootie
Grafter

i will be moving my mums PN line if plusnet do nothing when they had the chance to protect customers  from this profit making company. you could of got this info and if as we believe no one has been taken to court you could of put an objection in to the court hearing this latest's npo order.
looks as tho its to late and now it seems mr davidr will passing negative facts about PN on to the one show.
WILL THE LEGAL TEAM PLEASE RESPOND IN PERSON TO THIS THREAD, PN mini legal dept or BT Groups super mega top brainy wizz kid lawyers, just as long as they know there law from there arse, that way PN staff dont have to keep posting just to say there watching the thread but cant say anything for fear of leaking something they shouldn't, if the legal team take over the handling of this thread we can have answers to questions and if questions cant be answered for legal reasons then the legal dept can at least give us a legal reason why they cant discuss that certain matter
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

1 of my referrals is coming with me, the other doesnt have that option unfortunately
jim:quote
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

BT and TalkTalk challenge Digital Economy Act
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/10542400.stm
scootie
Grafter

and does the new Digital Economy Act put an end to the likes of acs sending out fine letters to who ever they like or does the Digital Economy Act now insure its a 3 strikes system and no companys like acs are able to just grab ip's that they say they have seen on copyrighted torrents just ONCE and apply for addresses at a court and carry on  with there SCAM as it is setup to do right now?
ie will acs be able to operate out the boundaries of the new act
P.S am sure your (acs) watching this thread and others around the web, your company will be brought down around you. YOU SCAM ARTIST's and if you cause ill health (or premature death) to the old people of this nation that dosent know there copyright laws i hope you will be taken to court and found guilty of this crime
severedsolo
Grafter

So if BT are challenging the DE act, does that mean that PN are too?
More on topic somewhat:I got one of those letters from ACS back in Febuary before I joined PN, I was with VM at the time), I told them where to shove it. Nothing came of it.
davethir
Grafter

Well well, I have been in touch with the Chancery Chambers at the Royal Court of Justice to find out the details of this latest NPO, Whilst they would not give me any information regarding the outcome of the case (as i am not an interested Party) the Masters Secretary did say that the case was against BE Unlimited and OTHERS. She did promise to get back to me and let me know who the other ISP's were
Obviously if PLUSNET were one of them, they would know and obviously in light of the report they would have objected (Yes/No) Roll_eyes
She also told me that I could apply to the court for a transcript of the case, for the knockdown price of £150.
Perhaps Plusnet should ask for this if they were not at the hearing to see what all the fuss is about
Tidgy
Grafter

Quote from: Asbo
and does the new Digital Economy Act put an end to the likes of acs sending out fine letters to who ever they like

Sadly no. There is nothing in the new law that states the copyright owner MUST follow the process created under the Digital Bill.
Pointless? Yes.
Toolbox
Grafter

Well well, I have been in touch with the Chancery Chambers at the Royal Court of Justice to find out the details of this latest NPO, Whilst they would not give me any information regarding the outcome of the case (as i am not an interested Party) the Masters Secretary did say that the case was against BE Unlimited and OTHERS. She did promise to get back to me and let me know who the other ISP's were
Obviously if PLUSNET were one of them, they would know and obviously in light of the report they would have objected (Yes/No) Roll_eyes
She also told me that I could apply to the court for a transcript of the case, for the knockdown price of £150.
Perhaps Plusnet should ask for this if they were not at the hearing to see what all the fuss is about

Well if Plusnet are one of them and they lost the case I am off to Zen.
And I could also avoid the DEA although I am not sure of the total of Zen membership.
The code of practice currently only applies to larger ISPs with more than 400,000 subscribers.
bbc.co.uk

EDIT Now I do:
When Ofcom initially release this Code in May it will only be applied to those ISP's with approximately 400,000 customers this means Zen Internet would be exempt as we have less than 400,000 customers.
zen-internet.co.uk
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

So any pirate worthy of the name would use a foreign ISP.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."