cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

fourfourdevon
Grafter

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

Having now said that, it looks like the case has either been adjourned or is now being held in camera.
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=44092&p=560108#p560108
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They are now showing tomorrows cases so probably not relevant
Steve
Seasoned Pro

What does It mean being held In camera?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

In Camera, means in private.
However, having looked and thought some more, I know suspect as others have said, bad web design and publishing, rather than anything else.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: fourfourdevon
In Camera, means in private.
Thankyou for explanation, Prob Is bad web design as In camera wont go down to well Sad
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: foxtrck
Show me where this is changeable in member centre....

If you change the number under telephone number on this page that will update your daytime and evening numbers on our system.
foxtrck
Grafter

You fail to see the point Mand. There is no option for DAYTIME and EVENING numbers there....
There is simply 'TELEPHONE' and 'MOBILE', do I have to guess what one is the evening and what one is the daytime preferred contact?
Mand
Grafter

If you update 'telephone number' it updates both numbers on our side.
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Exactly.
As I said before "If PN's view of it is different to ours, and they don't even realise, it will just add to the problem."
Again: Different systems?
Mand
Grafter

Same system, different interface.
foxtrck
Grafter

Why would I assume that 'Telephone number' means my daytime AND evening contact? That means that mobile number isn't even counted and you only see one number???
Get your interface designers to read some literature by Dr. Jakob Nielsen.
It's not your fault, you didn't design the system, but it re-iterates the problem of Plusnet seeing one thing and meaning another to the customer.
It has been mentioned over and over here about the inconsistencies on all different aspects of your data handling from your RADIUS log data, to the Ellacoya usage data to simple User Account details. If we can't trust you to hold some integrity here how can we trust our personal data not to fall into the wrong hands again?
And thanks to Rob who actually answered my tickets.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: foxtrck
Why would I assume that 'Telephone number' means my daytime AND evening contact? That means that mobile number isn't even counted and you only see one number???

You wouldn't need to assume anything, because if I hadn't mentioned it you wouldn't be aware that they were separate fields (as you only see the portal interface). The distinction is necessary, for business customers for instance. Sorry for complicating matters further.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Well ... the hearing should be underway, I wonder who will get the first report of what happens out Smiley
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

http://www.techeye.net/security/gallant-macmillan-taken-offline-as-high-court-hearing-beckons
Gallant Macmillan taken offline as High Court hearing beckons
Operation Payback targets law firm
Gallant Macmillan taken offline as High Court hearing beckons -
Law firm Gallant Macmillan, which last week pledged to carry on with targeting those accused of file sharing, has been taken offline.
The company's site remained down today after it was believed to have been targeted by Operation Payback over the weekend. The action followed the law firm saying last week that the controversy surrounding ACS:Law would not stop it going ahead with its anti-piracy cases, including Simon Gallant telling BBC News that he had “no problem” pursuing legal claims.
To that end, the company is due in the High Court today to seek the personal details of hundreds of PlusNet users. The hearing, due to be before Chief Master Winegarten, was reported to be over a court order to obtain a “large number” of personal details of broadband users that Gallant Macmillan suspects of illegally downloading and sharing music from record label the Ministry of Sound.
TorrentFreak reported that the London solicitors' website was targeted by Operation Payback at about 7pm GMT on Saturday.
According to the report, the Gallant Macmillan site was destined to become the next target of a DDoS attack but the company’s web admin decided to act first - and the GMLegal.co.uk site soon began returning the “Invalid Hostname” error.
Operation Payback told TorrentFreak: “This suggests that an administrator has manually pulled the website off the server, although the domain is still pointing to the same server.”
Then, shortly before the planned attack, the law firm was reported have taken unexpected action.
“An hour before the attack, GMLegal.co.uk changed their DNS records to point to 127.0.0.1, effectively surrendering,” TorrentFreak reported.
In another twist, just minutes after 7pm, the Ministry of Sound website was taken offline in a DDoS attack.
Today, the record label’s website remained out of action. The payment site of the company was apparently also targeted, along with its operations in other countries.
This was believed to be the first time a site that makes money from selling music had been targeted by Operation Payback.
The site shut downs came after thousands of customer details were leaked online after a security breach at ACS:Law, resulting in all manner of ISPs pledging to take a tougher stand in the future with law firms pursuing such anti-piracy claims.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

julesandsand
Grafter

Quote from: fourfourdevon
Well ... the hearing should be underway, I wonder who will get the first report of what happens out Smiley

First good result of the day - we won the Ryder Cup.  Grin
Let's hope for another one.