cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probably an old one, but 1571 voicemail

Mikel19

Probably an old one, but 1571 voicemail

This is also the feedback I left after the survey page after amending my account:

The reason I visited the site was to remove the unwanted voicemail feature that has caused me to miss some important calls and actually cost me money in missed work bookings. The reason for this was that I was unaware that the voicemail feature kicked in unnoticed. There is no display on any of my landline phones that there were messages waiting. It was only after a friend reported that they could not leave a message that I investigated. There were messages there from over a month ago. We have a separate answerphone, and that was functioning fine, so I'm guessing that the 1571 voicemail diverts messages if we are already engaged. The other possibility might be, having read some posts on the forum, that 1571 answers after a shorter number of rings than the house answerphone. Either way, it took research via the forum to find out, and the fact that this seems to be a common problem with so many views / posts over at least 2 years should have told you long before now that this was common operational problem, and needed sorting /explaining more clearly. It also took a bit of delving on the website account pages to find out how to remove the feature. Again, reading the forum posts, this is not always successful, so bad marks for that as well. Very dischuffed with being out of pocket due to an old, hidden and un-asked for feature  - we shall wait and see if there is re-occurrence. If you are going to impose this feature on customers then at least ensure that there is an indication that it's active, and also make it easier to disable if not wanted.