cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised Broadband Activation Message Not Received

Chris12

Promised Broadband Activation Message Not Received

Ok, I know this is probably normal for a new customer, but it is a bit frustrating that the message I was expecting to confirm that my Broadband is now activated didn't happen.  Said message was supposed to come through to me by midnight on the 29th October.
I had a phonecall from an engineer at the exchange that afternoon, (yesterday).  He wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing as he mentioned something about my line not working.  I told him this had already been fixed but I was supposed to have my broadband up and running by midnight.  He said 'I can do this for you now.'  I said I wasn't meant to configure the router until I get a SMS from Plusnet.  But he needed to check I was getting the right lights on the box.
The router won't authenticate, (despite all the right lights glowing green except the Internet one which is an angry red colour), so I'm assuming Plusnet haven't flicked the appropriate switch. 
I was just wondering why the engineer didn't seem properly briefed, why I didn't get the message to confirm my Broadband was up and running and why isn't it?
Regards
Chris, (not cross, afterall it's not life or death, but a little frustrated)
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Promised Broadband Activation Message Not Received

Hi Chris,
I've checked your account and you're spot on, we need activate this for you. The notification that we get back from our suppliers hasn't hit our systems yet, I've now manually activated your account and you should also receive the notification too.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris12

Re: Promised Broadband Activation Message Not Received

All working Chris.  Thanks for your intervention.  Very happy.  Smiley
Adie:quote