Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qriocity Video on Demand

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Qriocity Video on Demand

I don't have a Thompson router. I don't know which alternative you are refering to unless it's me downloading a film while my connection is monitored. If it is I've heard nothing since it was suggested. I think you also need to look at Utube. I don't use it much but yesterday I was watching a short video on about three minutes and that stopped a few times to rebuffer.
I have no problem downloading a film, all you need do is ring at any time after 9.00am
glloyd
Rising Star

HELLO ANYONE THERE??? What does it take to get a simple problem sorted these days, migration?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi glloyd, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I'll arrange for this to happen this afternoon for you so we can start looking at a signature. I'll give you a ring when we're all set up and ready for the film to be downloaded.
skyflyer

Just found this thread after raising  -basically  - exactly the same support ticket
It seems almost certain that traffic shaping sees this as something other than video streaming which of course  should be available at full line speed - I get 3Mbps and Qriocity suggest only 1.5 should be needed to watch a film.
I have no trouble watching iPlayer.
I think the point is - to Plusnet - that this isnt going to be a problem just for me and glloyd!  Any Plusnet customers buying a new sony DVD/BD or TV will expect to have this capability - that is why i chose the 60GB monthly download option! I cant believe there are just two of us!
Plusnet need to talk to Sony to (and probably Lovefilm as well, that's another option available to stream from) make sure that their video streaming is seen as such and not as P2P filesharing which is what I think it probably thinks it is!
GC
glloyd
Rising Star

I'm not sure because  I've had to feed back yet but it could be fixed  as I watched a film last night with no problem. I've watched some trailers on Love Film and they seemed to be OK.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi skyflyer,
This is what we're working on - we need to work out a signature from the packets so that it can be classified properly across the traffic management platform which it's not currently. Glloyd, I've been talking to the networks team about this and will update this thread later on today.
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks Matt don't want to keep coughing up fivers for video I can't watch.
nathancchase

You aren't the only ones! I am also having the same problem. Although it affects any internet video service on my Sony bluray player and TV (including BBC iPlayer). I was just watching a program on iPlayer, running perfectly fine up until 16:55, when I assume traffic management came into effect. Now, it stops for at least a minute to buffer ten seconds of video, which plays and the video then stops to buffer again.
chriss

Me too.  I have a new Sony TV and have the same problem with Qriocity.  I haven't tried Love Film, but haven't noticed the problems to the same extent on iPlayer or YouTube.
glloyd
Rising Star

I've also had the problem with UTube. I don't use it often for video but trying to watch a 3 minute instruction video one Sunday afternoon was impossible.
I wish PlusNet would adopt a differnt way of managing traffic based on the amount used rather than when it's used. I never use anywhere near my max allowance yet when I want to watch a 3 minute video on utube or whach the odd video I can't. All these high speed improvements are a complete waste of money when traffic speed is  so restricted.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

You should be able to watch You Tube though. 😕  How is it now?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
glloyd
Rising Star

Don't know to be honest, I don't use it very often.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Apologies for the lack of reply, it looks like we should have the signature added on Wednesday morning for this so should be fine from then on Smiley
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks Matt, I'll give it a try when I can afford another video.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Can I just ask (Sorry glloyd for hijacking the thread....)
I also have bought a sony blu-ray player....  BBC iplayer seems fine, as does lovefilm trailers.  Is the Lovefilm film streaming service therefore classified appropriately?  Dont want to sign up if its throttled.
Thanks