Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

@Tomdickinson86 I'm afraid at this stage all we can do is chase this up with our suppliers and provide updates to you because the order is stuck in the system. Again would you be free for me to call you today to explain this?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

I don’t need a phonecall with more jargon and delay talk, I just want internet.

I understand you normally have a ‘process’. This process from the openreach side is just me being put on the end of a waiting list. I have no patience left for all this, I’ve had 5 weeks of this and now I’m just angry.

I want this fixed, but you don’t have a process in your company to sort this out and help me. As I said last week, you need to have a pathway with your suppliers that means people like me have their internet sorted out.

I still don’t have internet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Tomdickinson86 As an update I've been discussing this with a BT team manager and he's advised that the order is completed in the backend BT systems so he's now initiated the order to complete in the frontend BT system which should happen within the next few hours (I should get an email from him once that's done)

When the order is completed we will then be able to report a fault and book a fault engineer to investigate the fault with your service, again assuming there's no setup or wiring issue your side.

I am doing absolutely everything possible to ensure you're back up and running asap.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Tomdickinson86 I've received an email back from the manager now and I can see that the broadband order is showing as completed in the supplier systems. I've tested the broadband service and it's showing your line not connecting to the broadband equipment at the exchange, which is what your router is indicating with a flashing broadband light.

I've reported a fault to our suppliers and we've been advised that to progress the fault we need to arrange an engineer visit. If your router is set up into the master/test telephone socket, could you reply to this ticket with your availability for another engineer to visit and I'll then get this booked in for the soonest timeslot.

I've checked the availability and we have both timeslots (8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm) available from this Friday (excluding the weekend). Unfortunately there's no available slot showing tomorrow so we'd be unable to book an engineer for then.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

A fourth day off work for me then is it? How do I know this will be the last step? It’s always a delay of a few days. I can handle one delay of a few days, but this has been going on for five weeks. Why should I believe you? At what point do I throw in the towel?

If I cancel your service now how much will I be charged? Will I get a full refund of the ~£70 I have paid due to the enormous delay I am experiencing? Will I get money from you for all the extra data I have had to buy on my phone due to your delay?

Do you think my experience of being told my service would be set up on 27/9/19 for fibre (despite fibre not being available in my area) and 24/10/19 for broadband counts as misprepresentation?

I really want to believe that the next step will solve this problem.

I still do not have internet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

Is there availability today to get this sorted? I would like you to TRY to get this sorted today
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Tomdickinson86 

To be honest I can't guarantee this will be the last step because we can't really predict what will happen when the engineer goes out. For example they may find a problem that they can't fix on the day. There isn't an option for us to book a same day engineer appointment with our suppliers and in my 5 years experience, there never has been. 

If you want to cancel your account with us, we'll absolutely provide you with a full refund of what you've paid to us. I'd like to note that this may simply delay things as you'd then be starting from scratch with another provider.

If you choose to stay with us then once you're up and running we'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture which would likely be of monetary value you could use towards the costs you've incurred as a result of having no broadband connection.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

Why would I not be reimbursed my extra costs if I leave your service? I have still incurred these costs due to your errors.

As far as I am concerned, you are your suppliers. I suggest you exert more influence over them than you are doing currently. In five years am I the only customer who is having these problems? It seems like something is wrong with your system.

My question about misrepresentation has gone unanswered. I am now trying to contact your CEO to discuss my problems. I really want a service from you.

I still do not have internet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We won't be in a position to directly cover any financial losses you've incurred as a result of not having broadband however we are happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill if you choose to stay with us and get this resolved with us.

I'm afraid that there is no more influence we can exert over our suppliers than what I've already done. Setting expectations there is no way we'd be able to request a fault engineer to be assigned today.

Regarding your comment about being misrepresented, from what I can see we didn't guarantee your activation date at the point of sale. The welcome email we send out advises the following: "Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes"

While it's your decision if you'd want to email our CEO, this would likely be passed to one of my colleagues on our complaints team of my department (I sit next to them) and the same steps undertaken.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

I can see you’ve reached the end of what you want to do for me.

I’d be very grateful if you could post to me details of your ADR scheme.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If there was anything more we could do we'd gladly do it, but I'm afraid we need to book a fault engineer for the next available timeslot based on our suppliers availability and your availability you've not yet provided us.

You've also not confirmed you've tried the master/test telephone socket, if you could try this it'd be a really good step as it's possible that we may be able to resolve this right now.

For details about our complaints process, I'd have a read of our complaints code of practice Here.

I can also see we've received your email to our CEO so I'll leave this in the hands of one of my colleagues from our complaints team when they've picked this up shortly.

If you decide to provide us with your availability feel free to drop us a message over here and we'll be happy to book the appointment in to get the fault with your service fixed. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

I just tried to call your call centre in order to set up this new engineer appointment (my fourth engineer appointment) and she was unable to help me and can not give me a timescale for when I will be contacted. What’s going on please? I await your phonecall
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The adviser you spoke to was just customer service trained and not technical support. I'm calling you now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @Tomdickinson86 

I'm sorry again for the continuous issues you've had trying to get broadband over the past 5 weeks. As discussed I've booked a broadband engineer visit for Monday 28th October between 8am and 1pm to investigate the fault.

We'll follow things up with you as soon as we can after the appointment.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tomdickinson86
Grafter

Someone from your complaints team called me and said he was working on expediting the Monday appointment to something sooner. I haven’t heard anything back from him. I’m told that you sit next to him. Can you give him a nudge for me?

It’s been 37 days since my first order of internet. I’ve made 23 phonecalls to your company. I’ve been on the phone for around 5hours and 7minutes in total. We’ve spent £77 on extra data on our phones.

I still don’t have internet.