Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew Package???

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Renew Package???

@ITWorks wrote:

What they can not do is make you an offer to stay once this process begins. 

When I migrated from BT to PN I got several emails from BT urging me to contact their "specially trained team" on a special number.  What other purpose could there be than to try to persuade me to stay with them?

keithm
Dabbler

I have now a message that they acknowledge I have left them. That's it. So far I can't fault Vodafone, the switch over was quick and I just carried out another speed check - 35.85 mbps download and 7.46 mbps upload. both faster than PL. Can't complain so far.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@keithm,

I recommend that you keep an eye on your Plusnet account and billing status.

You did not receive formal notice from Plusnet of the intent to transfer to Vodaphone at the start of this process.  There have been other reports around here that after transferring to Vodaphone that Plusnet have continued to bill customers after transfer.

The migration process works like this...

1. The customer places service orders with a new supplier
  2. The gaining supplier asks BTw / BTOR to take over the working line
  3. BTw / BTOR tell the existing supplier of the intent to take over
  4. The existing supplier contacts their customer advising of the intent to take over, offering the opportunity to prevent it (anti-slamming process)
  5. The gaining supplier takes over the line
  6. BTw / BTOR advise the loosing supplier of the transfer completion date
  7. The losing supplier performs account closure termination processes

If for whatever reason the steps in blue do not happen, the losing supplier can be left completely in the dark about the migration - the service might well move successfully - but the losing supplier is entirely unaware and will keep billing unabated.

At step #4 the losing supplier is not supposed to try to inhibit migration or attempt to sell to retain the customer, but from experience, not all are so complaint, especially the one they had to name it twice.

Vodaphone have very recently re-entered the land line broadband market and there is some possibility that their line take over processes might not be giving rise to the proper notifications to the losing provider (in this case Plusnet) from BTw / BTOR.  There have been a number of similar cases reported around here, but it is not yet possible to draw firm conclusions.

The SUs have this on our radar.  If you do find that you have on-going billing from Plusnet, along with dealing with it, can you please drop a note back here so that we can follow this up.  Thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.