cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Plusnet suspend all advertising?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Should Plusnet suspend all advertising?

Which is pretty much meaningless.
Spider
Grafter

It is even worse than that if I understand it correctly as it is at the previous 15 minute refresh. So 14 minutes later it is still telling you the average of the previous 15 minutes. In the example I gave above, the average was 5 calls, but the max was 10. If another 5 calls are added to the 10 waiting the actual estimate call answer time would go up to 75 minutes. 25 minutes wait sounds so much better than the probable reality of 75 minutes on hold.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When I started this poll it was just the support that was failing. But now it appears that the network has issues with high loading resulting in major crashes. In the last year customer numbers have grown by around 150,000 - about 25% - it's pretty obvious that they are growing faster than they can manage.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: jelv
Recently the time to answer the phones has consistently been 30 minutes or more. The average response time to tickets is approaching 40 hours (the target is 24 - but the target was increased from 4 to 8 before being raised to 24 a year ago).
We see far more mistakes being reported on these forums (and I'm sure there's a lot more happening that we never hear about).
There's a new support centre opened in Leeds - but we are not seeing the benefits of that yet (and inevitably the new staff will be making more of the mistakes).
While this happens there will be more and more very unhappy users who will leave and tell all their friends about their bad experience.
Plusnet will probably respond that they have to grow to survive. That is rubbish. Any business can survive if their user numbers remain static. They can even improve their profits by getting smarter and reducing the costs of supporting their users. What doesn't make sense is doing business in such a way that there is a large increase in churn as new users take more support resources than long term users. And making more and more very cheap offers to attract users isn't the best long term strategy as the type of customers attracted by those deals will not likely to be loyal and will leave again as soon as they see a better offer.
So should Plusnet suspend the advertising until the support situation has improved?

The response time on tickets is much better (but are we seeing more duff responses as a result?), but what else has changed since January when I started this poll?
We've had a series of major network failures because apparently the bng's can't cope with the load.
We see far more failed installations.
They are getting even more aggressive with the advertising. We also see far better deals being routinely offered to existing customers. Is that because a lot of users are moving on? I bet a graph plotting the churn rate over the last few years would tell one hell of a story!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I signed up for a 2 year deal but I am certain that after next September I will be back for a better deal on Fibre (assuming Superfast Dorset actually do as they say) or ADSL as there will no doubt be a price rise then
Anotherone
Champion

The response time on tickets is much better (but are we seeing more duff responses as a result?)..................................

I say that there are quite a few posters on this forum that might disagree that response times are better. And one thing is for certain, Phone faults (the ticket queue in particular), especially "No Service" are not getting sufficient priority, and that's not good enough.
Duff responses have always been there and depend upon the quality of the agent. Thank goodness we have a good team on CRT.
How many of the failed installations are totally down to Openreach or bad communication is difficult to say, it appears most are due to Openreach.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

On average they are a lot better http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
HOWEVER
How good are the figures - see here for a slightly earlier time http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134513.0.html
Anotherone
Champion

But incorrectly closed tickets can skew that figure and at the end of the day the customers not getting a good response won't care what that says Shocked
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The measure of a business is how well it acts when things go wrong.
Quote from: Anotherone
How many of the failed installations are totally down to Openreach or bad communication is difficult to say, it appears most are due to Openreach.

So how would people rate the Plusnet response when OpenReach duff it? From what I've seen it can be ages before Plusnet even notice that it has failed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

There are very few tickets where they are incorrectly closed by staff so I don't think that your comment is valid
Anotherone
Champion

Oh, you see all the tickets Jim? I don't think so, so you can't make that claim. My remark was factually correct as far as it went, what I didn't say was how many or what proportion of tickets might get closed in that way. That, neither of us know.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

OK - please post 10 links to recent posts where tickets have been closed incorrectly!
The only ones I can remember seeing recently are where it had been accidentally closed by the user!
Anotherone
Champion

jelv, don't be stupid
............ what I didn't say was how many or what proportion of tickets might get closed in that way. That, neither of us know.

Now that includes you as well now, none of us know.  I can only go by posters comments when I see them, of which there was one very recently.
So how would people rate the Plusnet response when OpenReach duff it? From what I've seen it can be ages before Plusnet even notice that it has failed.

I'd say they are probably constrained by orders from management, who can't even organise sufficient cover on this forum from time to time. In the last 24 hours when I checked  a couple of times (yesterday late afternoon in particlular0 there was just one poor CRT member who was going flat out.
AndyH
Grafter

Openreach publish their statistics. For FTTC, it's normally around or below 3% and the target for 2015 will be below 2%. Obviously during bad weather periods, it will increase.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You said
But incorrectly closed tickets can skew that figure and at the end of the day the customers not getting a good response won't care what that says Shocked
To skew the numbers to any significant extent would require a large number to be incorrectly closed which I don't believe and you have no justification for assuming.