cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Plusnet suspend all advertising?

Fifer
Grafter

Re: Should Plusnet suspend all advertising?

They do send them, I got this one, don't know how they choose who gets them and who doesn't.

Hello Ronald,
Is it really worth paying a bit more to do the things you love online, much, much faster?
Yes, yes, yes!
As you live in an area where high-speed fibre broadband is available, why not upgrade to Plusnet's amazing Unlimited Fibre Broadband? Yours from just £10 a month* when taken with line rental at £16.99 a month. It whizzes along at speeds of up to 38Mb**, leaving ordinary broadband in the dust. Who wouldn't want to stream their favourite telly, music and movies without interruptions? Upload pictures in seconds instead of ...yawn... ages? Download even large files in the blink of an eye? Game, shop and play faster?
Lots of questions, only one answer:
Plusnet's award-winning Unlimited Fibre Broadband.*
Yours from just £10 a month, when you take line rental at £16.99 a month on a new 18 month contract.
All it takes is one quick call to 0345 112 6606 (12pm – 8pm Monday to Thursday and 11am – 7pm on Fridays) and you'll be speeding your way to Unlimited Fibre Broadband from Plusnet - for a great price.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Marketing
Is it really worth paying a bit more to do the things you love online, much, much faster?

What if there is not a lot you like doing online, and everything else is a boring pointless waste of time?
As you live in an area where high-speed fibre broadband is available, why not upgrade to Plusnet's amazing Unlimited Fibre Broadband?

Because the Internet is rubbish?
Because it would be much the same as anyone else's FTTC broadband, except very slightly slower due to the effect of the Plusnet profile?
Because yours only has 2Mb upload whereas other providers have 10Mb upload on their 38Mb package?
Because people with faster broadband seem to complain about it even more?
Who wouldn't want to stream their favourite telly, music and movies without interruptions?

People who don't watch much TV or movies, and music is what, 0.128Mb/s?
Upload pictures in seconds instead of ...yawn... ages?

With the "up to" 2Mb/s upload speed of your 38Mb Unlimited Fibre Broadband? That's about 2 or 3 times faster than ADSL2!
Download even large files in the blink of an eye?

Can you quantify the exact size in bytes of these "large files" and the time taken for an average person to blink their eyes?
Game, shop and play faster?

1. Aren't gaming and playing the same thing?
2. I don't really think the bandwidth of my Internet connection is a significant limiting factor in how fast I can shop online, compared with say reading about whatever I'm thinking of buying and deciding what to buy.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Grin Grin Grin
You might have got one bit slightly wrong though
Who wouldn't want to stream their favourite telly, music and movies without interruptions?

People that buy a TV licence?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: MattyC
Not CRT, but are you guys opted in for marketing emails?

Hi Matty,
I understand that CRT cannot do this - my question to CRT was do you think that someone in the decision making area might buy into the wisdom of keeping existing users and avoid the complications arising from BTOR touch points?  Indeed can CRT 'run this up the PN tower and see if anyone salutes it?'.
Kevin

By that, I meant "I'm not a member of CRT". I believe that we had a plan for in-life customers, though I'll check tomorrow.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

I'm opted in for 'communications', and the only offers I've received are for things I don't have already, such as Plusnet TV - and at no special discount.
I'm just the sort of person Plusnet marketing regards as a mug - been with Plusnet for years without showing signs of leaving and therefore not worth making any offers to. OK, I get a little bit off my bill each month because of past referrals, but I've never been offered a discount on the standard price.
This may now change. I'm not renewing my line rental saver (it's now not worth as much as it used to be anyway) so I'm no longer tied to Plusnet if I want to leave. I'll start looking seriously at other providers in the new year.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Today's news is pretty bad for Plusnet - they now get a higher level of complaints to OFCOM than TalkTalk: Big increase in complaints at Plusnet
And yet still we see the same crazy offers enticing more users when it's patently obvious they don't have the support resources to cope.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)