Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry I moved to Plusnet

ianeon
Dabbler

Re: Sorry I moved to Plusnet

Hi David,
Yes have used Picassa on occasion but I need a dedicated website so as to store
Picture that are only to be downloaded by the people that has the right to use them
not just my friends but clients who do not want other people to have access to there pics.
Thanks for the info anyway look like I might just use a commercial hosting site and
set up individual ftp users/passwords
Cheers for the help
Ian
Have just read Toolbox's reply and seems a good way of doing it. Cheers
G3YBO
Grafter

I to am sorry I moved to Plusnet........A quote of 1.5Mb  would be fine if thats what one got 24/7..............But it just sinks..
I also hoped that a Sheffield call center would be better than overseas.......Might be on the moon would not matter.....
Roger
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi G3YBO,
To be realistic I would throw extreme doubt on any customer of any ISP obtaining speeds at their estimate constantly.
tell me more about your issue, what your speeds are like and I don't mind looking into this to see if any improvements can be made. I can't make any promises here but I'm willing to help.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Adam....................When I got active it sat at 1.5 Mb...............Test to day were 235 Kb down my up speed was higher.
Tried two routers, a  Netgear and your Tompson, both give same readings......Takes ages for green light to be solid.
When I first got broadband BT fitted a NTE 5 socket and my router has 7m cable  t this socket.....I tried direct to BT test
socket but just the same.....
I know BT cover up to this box including the faceplate.....
So to me its either a exchange or line problem......
The reason I joined Plusnet was that BT have a new cabinet 10m from my house for FTTC.....This will go active at
the end of December
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Adam look here as well http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91472.msg765468.html#msg765468, they have got JoJo looking as well
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: G3YBO
When I first got broadband BT fitted a NTE 5 socket and my router has 7m cable  t this socket.....I tried direct to BT test
socket but just the same.....

Well that's just asking for trouble! You should put the router near the master socket and then run a long ethernet cable.
Can you connect the router to the test socket with nothing else attached (except the filter) using a standard lead that was supplied with a router and post the router stats please.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi............................Well this worked for Tiscali at 1.5Gb 24/7......The reason
I changed to plusnet was that BT have put in FTTC box is outside my house
and this I hope to join.................The only change is what BT/Plusnet have made
at the exchange.......First 24h I fot 1.5 Gb connection, then its just gone down and
down......The  Master socket is in the loft area and not easy to see or reset the router.
Thanks
Roger

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

1.5Gb 24/7..

I'm jealous Wink
BT have put in FTTC box is outside my house

have you visited http://trials.plus.net to sign up for the trial?
The  Master socket is in the loft area and not easy to see or reset the router.

Not ideal unfortunately but we'll cross that bridge if we have to come to it (i,e ask you to connect your equipment there). In the meantime can you run a speed test on http://speedtester.bt.com and I'll investigate if anything can be done from our side.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Adam and thanks for your help........I see to day that the FTTC trial will end soon........BT called here to day not about my
problem so I asked about the new box......It is not live yet as the exchange has problem/blockage......So no not put name down
for trial........Well put your router direct to BT master socket for a day and no change to speed......Your people on a call yesterday
said wait 2 more days for them to come back with a answer.....
I still cannot see how I had such a good first day and then down down down......
Thanks
Roger
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you saying the router stats are no better or you are still getting the same results on speed tests?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Jelv...............Regret do not know how to get router stats from the Thompson unit.......Speed sits at 225 kbs down and 367 kbs
up......This is with router in test socket and have tried 4 filters.......Plusnet posted some stats of my system and lots of drop outs.
I now see that trial of FTTC will end soon......Thanks for help.....
Roger
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You can get router stats from the Thomson TG585 by logging into it, clicking Broadband Connection then DSL Connection in the left hand menu. Then click Details top-right.
Direct Link.
David
David
G3YBO
Grafter

Ok thanks for info.......Have found my way in and have details......Not sure how one saves and adds to this page.....
THOMSON </>
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Physical Connectivity OK
DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 10:33:20
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 812 / 2,088
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 1,144
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 399.62 / 384.75
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 16.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 35.0 / 59.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19.0 / 3.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 1,370 / 119,189,883
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 58 / 1,517
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 30 / 970
Thanks
Roger
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91472.msg765468.html#msg765468
I'll leave Jojo to deal with this, FYI we tend to split forums between us and Jojo usually keeps an eye on broadband and routers rather than myself. I'll give her a heads up about this thread anyway.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Adam and thanks.......When I got in to night I had a email about my problem and have just answered his questions....Overnight
the speed has gone up but not to the 1.5Mb I had first day......Will tune in to Jojo on here side......Again thanks to all at Plustnet
and christmas greetings..............Roger