cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teething Problems, New To Plusnet

pvcpro

Teething Problems, New To Plusnet

Hi
I just joined plusnet recently and am having e few problems, Just thought to post here instead of calling the 0845 customer support number. First problem is with my email, I use windows mail to access all my email but since I joined plusnet I'm getting errors like the one below:
Header download for the 'lottery' folder did not complete. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Home', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Not sure if it's anything  I did during set up as I'm not really a techie when it comes to computers, connections etc.
Also when playing PS3 online (MW2) I keep getting signed out of the playstation network, It's a right pain in the backside if your in the middle of a multiplayer game and you have to sign back in.
Not sure if both problems are related but I'm guessing they must be since i just changed supplier.
jees what's the deal with this text window i can't even see what I'm typing
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) all caps title changed as per Forum Rules]
7 REPLIES 7
Lurker
Grafter

Re: TEETHING PROBLEMS, NEW TO PLUSNET

Is your keyboard broken? Cheesy
It appears you got the shift key stuck down whilst you typed the thread topic. Crazy
Forum Rules
pvcpro

Re: TEETHING PROBLEMS, NEW TO PLUSNET

No the keyboards fine, don't know what it is,
I
can
type
ok
up
to
here
then it goes wierd, as I type each letter the text window bounces up to show this line then drops back down out of view. I can hold down the scroll bar to check what Iv'e typed but what the hell is wrong?
adie:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Teething Problems, New To Plusnet

Sounds very odd. What browser are you using? Might be worth giving Chrome a try, it allows you to drag and resize text boxes so you have a bigger area in which to type.
pvcpro

Thanks

it's actually fine now as I type
this I can see the
text.
Must have been a glitch on my keyboard
I feel silly now I just joined the forum to post about connection problems and ended up rattlig on about my text.
Sorry guys Roll_eyes
Anyway back to my original post (well the first part)
can anyone help?
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Errors ending 0F usually mean that the mail client can't actually get online. If other programs are working and online (e.g. browser) then I suspect antivirus or firewall, particularly if they've been updated recently. The other option is that AOL don't allow connections from non-AOL IP addresses but I'm not sure that's the case.
pvcpro

I have got the same antivirus as I did before the change but didn't have problems then.
AOL can't be to blame as most of the folders are downloaded ok it's just some of them aren't.
Any ideas?
pvcpro

Just opened windows mail to check my email and got the following:
Header download for the 'Star & Sun' folder did not complete. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Home', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Header download for the 'Drafts' folder did not complete. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Master', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Header download for the 'Saved' folder did not complete. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Master', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

So only 106 out of 109 tasks completed successfully
This is happening every time I open windows mail but it's never the same folders failing to download.
Also when moving or deleting messages I get the following message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection, possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
Still getting signed out of the playstation network too.