cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet

well so I can show someone a car then after they hand the cash over I remove the tires, the stereo and its fine because he only brought the car not the extras right.
AndyH
Grafter

You're confusing goods with services.
chrcoluk
Grafter

in this case there is no difference.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Quote from: AndyH
It's another question for Tony though (although I doubt there will be a direct answer). Have Plusnet consulted OFCOM as to whether this change amounts to something of material detriment to end users?

they'd be pretty stupid not to have done Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk

Only a court or regulator can make that determination as to whether there is a breach of consumer rights or the contract.
We can argue the technicalities of the T&Cs until the cows come how, but I would be shocked if Plusnet allows people to exit their contracts penalty free over this change.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: http
7.—(1) A seller or supplier shall ensure that any written term of a contract is expressed in plain, intelligible language. (2) If there is doubt about the meaning of a written term, the interpretation which is most favourable to the consumer shall prevail
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mlmclaren
Grafter

Any comment's Plusnet?
When will we be receiving our notice of service change?
A call has been made to COT and they sounded unsure about the terms and conditions but kept saying the early termination fee's still stood however when challenged about terms and conditions... specially when terms of service where quoted to them... they seemed to panic and after a while on hold the end came.
The end where they started reading from a script.... repeatedly!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Tony has stated that he's getting answers to the questions asked, he'll post them as soon as he can.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

When will this be???
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not sure, sorry!
I really can't be more specific, sorry about that but we want to make sure that we post the right information.
We'd really appreciate your patience.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quite obvious what's happened here.
PlusNet have more aggressively advertised for new business in the last few years, I don't know which advertising agency they used for their TV ads, but in the unlikely event I ever have to use one, I won't be using them. They've got more new customers than they expected (no idea how the TV ads achieved that). I don't blame them, can't fault a business for wanting to attract more business.
What I can fault is a business not predicting the potential growth, and not having the CS infrastructure to support the new customers. Hence why I see various posts about CS waiting times being too long.
So in order to fix this, they've hired a senior manager to 'fix' the problem by firing some CS people and reducing the support times. Good timing. Then they pretend it is in our benefit and to cover up it is not a cost cutting exercise.
Massive Roll_eyes from me.
alext05
Grafter

Thanks, Chris. Looking forward to the update.
What I am curious about is who the original Plusnet statement was sent to? I seems only select outlets got hold of it. Very odd this is.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Alex, despite the 'oh no it's not ', or total silence from Plusnet, response I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Basically, PN have lost their way, sad to say. Sad
John
PLan2015
Grafter

Well this is very interesting news from chrcoluk, will be watching this thread to see how Plusnet respond(very carefully I suspect!).  Cheesy
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Quote from: chrcoluk

Only a court or regulator can make that determination as to whether there is a breach of consumer rights or the contract.
We can argue the technicalities of the T&Cs until the cows come how, but I would be shocked if Plusnet allows people to exit their contracts penalty free over this change.

Basically your approach seems to be, is the court likely to be involved (basically will a customer take it that far) if no then its good to go.
Thats not how I do business.