cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade woes

davehart

Upgrade woes

Was struggling along with 2Mbps download and 0.5Mbps upload on a good day with my ADSL package (far from the exchange). Spotted Fibre enabled in my area (16th Feb) , woohoo. Jumped onto plusnet site and upgraded my package.
7:40pm, Tuesday 16 Feb 2016
Broadband product change scheduled successfully
To: Unlimited Fibre Extra
This change will take place on 2016-02-23 02:00:00
Rung up the next morning as the last time I had fibre installed an engineer had to change my master socket. Was told, oh no, it’s a self-install now. We will send out the router (not sure why this was not done anyway), no need for an engineer to visit now I was told.
Added components to account: 1 x 00001952 (Plusnet Hub One)
The new component was auto-configured.
Then it was revealed that no order had actually been placed to get me switched over with BT.
2:44pm, Thursday 18 Feb 2016
Transferred the call to prov to get the fibre order placed
3:12pm, Thursday 18 Feb 2016
Dear xxxxxx
I have now placed an order to upgrade your broadband service to Fibre and this will complete on 25/02/2016.
Broadband order reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, so the 25th then. I can wait…….
Rung up on the Evening of the 25th (I gave them all day). I also plugged the new router in, same speeds as before 
5:17pm, Thursday 25 Feb 2016
customer has re contracted to un Fibre extra on Start Date : 23/02/16
But when testing the customers line is still showing ADSL and giving standard speeds
Was told I would need to speak to someone in the provisioning team, they had all gone home.
8:25am, Friday 26 Feb 2016
Customer called as they have been signed up to fibre but are still on ADSL lines.
Advised calling up Prov at 09:00 as they arent open at the minute and they can see what is going on.
Call after nine in the morning…sigh
Next conversation was even more disappointment
9:22am, Friday 26 Feb 2016
Casll transferred to Prov as an engineer appointment has been booked for the fibre install.
The order states appointment is 01/03/2016 AM Ref xxxxxxxxxx#
Ticket 120257020 states order should have completed 25/02/2016
I will add at this time that nobody from plusnet has communicated with me in any way regarding any delays.
I was advised by the provisioning team that BT had found an external fault and had rescheduled for the 1st March. Why had nobody notified me of this I asked? Well there is no link between our systems and BT, strange I said as you are part of the same company.
1st march……Engineer came, surprise surprise he installed a new master socket. He said yeah that’s normal. It transpired when talking to the engineer that his paperwork said I was only getting 40Mbps down and 2Mbps up. I had payed for the Fibre extra package which should have been 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Oh well, guess I will need to contact plusnet again (happy days)
The next few contacts were made using the online chat facility. Wish I had used this before tbh, probably the only jewel in the tarnished crown. Way better than spending half your life on hold when you phone. Mentioned to the chap that I was only getting 2Mbps down and 1Mbps up. He checked, said it was stuck on my old profile. He reset it, told me to reset the router. I was then on the 40Mbps the BT guy mentioned. He then said he could see a fault (Guess that’s code for they put me on the wrong package), it would take up to 24hrs to rectify. Ok, it’s usable now, I can wait.
Next morning (2nd March)…..Did a quick speed test, download was 2Mbps, upload 19Mbps…..confused.com
So the upload was good, bad times with the download……..back to the plusnet support chat
Tests performed, fault found. Advised to follow a link which created a new ticket.
Current status of ticket @03/03/2016 18:52
2 Mar 2016 121174062
Awaiting support team answer
I did lodge a complaint. It’s just been added to the ticket, still nobody appears to have even looked at it.
Less this be a lesson to you, if you want a good service from a customer friendly company, look elsewhere. If you raise an issue with them or order something, chase it up frequently as they appear to have no automation.
What a most depressing experience.
I will add that at 44 years old, this is the first time I have felt that service was so bad it justified posting about it.
Cheers
Dave