cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy customer

roblatus
Dabbler

Re: Very unhappy customer

I am very much willing to "play nice" and have sent an email enquiring about my cancellation fees being taken yet advice on here from Plusnet employee states differently?
Still waiting for a response 24+ hours later.
Razorback
Grafter

When I moved house I did not have my phone with plusnet. I took my number with me so it was irrelevant to plusnet that the new house was in a different location.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Except that BT will have placed a cease order on the circuit to your old house and if you hadn't arranged a move with Plusnet the cease would have automatically ceased the broadband and you'd have been charged the £30 for ending the contract without migrating using a recognised process!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: roblatus
Does it say in the t&c's that you cannot move house during your contract period???

The clause I quoted earlier would suggest that no you can't.
I'd throw the question back at you - Where in the T&C's does it say that you can move house during your contract period?
As I said, PN (in common with other ISPs) do offer a pragmatic solution where they can, but if the service ultimately can't be provided then it's not their fault...
Razorback
Grafter

I moved a while back in the good old days when the cessation charge did not exist and iISPs didn't require to commit to a contract either. I am not sure MAC codes existed back then either. 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: roblatus
So i am in breach of contract for moving house, (again something which millions of people do every year) with a business which makes provision for house moves. PMSL.
Would love to see how that would stand up to legal scrutiny.

Quote from: https
Moving Home
24.If you move home within the UK, and let us know at least 10 working days before you do so, we will continue to provide your service by whatever technology is available at your new address subject to our home mover policy (as set out at http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/house_moving.shtml), and the terms set out in the relevant service terms. For pricing see the Price guide.
Matters beyond our reasonable control
41.Sometimes we may not be able to do what we have agreed because of something beyond our reasonable control. In these cases, we do not accept responsibility for not providing you with your chosen communications services.

Until BTOR install their technology, there is no "available" technology on to which they can transfer your service.  At the moment MBORC appears to be In play.  One hopes that PlusNet are all over BTOR like a rash on this one, but until Mr BTOR says "Yes" there is no game in town for any non-VM ISP.
Quote from: http
7. Can I move my Plusnet services if my new property has cable?
In most cases, yes (although we can't supply broadband in Hull). You'll need a telephone line at your new property before we can move your broadband.

If for whatever reason, BT has no wayleave over the property or estate, then you could be in a for a long wait.  I recall a time when I lived in a housing development in Swansea some "Welsh" deal had been done, only NTL (as it was then) had wayleave rights within the development area, thereby they were the only people able to supply telecommunications services.  Fight as I might I could not get a BT carried service into the property.  There is the possibility that some skunk-works deal has been done with your developer and VM such that BT cannot supply services there.  You might just have to accept the MBORC status of the situation whilst BT complete their surveys and play nice.
Quote from: Anotherone
Matt Cruise hasn't been on the forum the last 2 days ...... Last Active: 01/12/2014, 10:09  maybe on a day off, I don't know. I'm pretty sure he won't be blaming Openretch for not responding.

I have flagged this thread up for attention.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd already flagged it Townman!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Well two prods is better than no prods.  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Yet again it proves the value of having a full survey when you buy a house. I rest my case your honour.  Roll_eyes
roblatus
Dabbler

Just received a very satisfactory email reply to my ticket.
To those who assisted, thank you very much indeed, it really is appreciated. 🙂
Its good to see that some people on here understand and actually know what they are talking about.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear that you're sorted - Are you waiting it out for BTOR to get a line in or are you off to Virgin?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Glad that it's all worked out. Hope you get a good service from your new isp,
roblatus
Dabbler

Still currently waiting for my refund though :-((.
They took my money on the 2nd of December. I really don't get why it should take so long to issue a refund. It's not like i could do without the money either, especially at this time of year.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

HI there,
One of the 'quirks' of our billing system is that we can't issue a refund on an invoice whilst a payment is still processing, hence the delay. The payment is now showing as cleared so we'll pick up your ticket and issue the refund back to you asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
roblatus
Dabbler

So, as of today i can no longer log in to the member area due to my cancellation. I therefore cannot check on the progress of my "ticket".
This is getting more and more ridiculous.
WHEN WILL I SEE THE FUNDS YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN OFF ME IN THE FIRST PLACE REFUNDED TO MY ACCOUNT??????

So short of a long phone call to chase this up, again, this is my only way of now attempting to find out what the hell is going on?Huh
The ticket was on hold until the 11th, thats Thursday last week, i was told the refund would be happenind ASAP, yet have still received no refund or indication of when it is likely to be?
Plusnet have however found the time to send me a series of text message surveys. I should have some interesting answers based on my experience. lol
What a joke.