Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy customer

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Very unhappy customer

Hi again,
The refund has been sent back to you and should be back on your card within 24-48 hours if not sooner.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
roblatus
Dabbler

FINALLY, after 15 days i have received my refund.
Whilst glad to finally receive it the amount of time it has taken is nothing short of ludicrous.
Every single issue i have had with this company has resulted in delays, poor communication, more delays, buck passing, lack of information, did i mention delays???, Oh and taking money that they shoud never have taken????
I would seriously not advise anyone i work with, or friends and family to consider, even for a microsecond, using this company, in fact i would actively encourage them not to do so.
I fully expect that this post will be deleted but there are plenty of other avenues to spread the word which are just as public, indeed some may even reach a wider audience.
You have certainly not "done me proud" and i am sure there are many other customers or ex customers who feel exactly the same.
Goodbye Plusnet (more like NEGNET) you shoddy pathetic excuse of an ISP and are an embarrassment to all that is good about Yorkshire
roblatus
Dabbler

Surpised this has stayed on here so long. Thought the negnet police would have been on by now.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

You never did say what you plan to do for the future, nor if BTOR did get around to installing a phone line to your new property.  Until there is a piece of wire connected to your property over which a service can be delivered, all ISPs (other than Virgin Media) will face the same difficulties with BTOR.  BTOR do these major new cabling jobs in their own time and unfortunately are a lower priority to fault fixing.
I do understand your perspective that you sought to obtain service from PlusNet and in your eyes they are to blame for everything which did or did not happen.  It is a much simpler view of things and easier to understand than the workings of the real world.
It will be interesting to hear back from you in a few weeks or months when you have been successful in establishing a service at your new property and to learn of who (after how long) actually did do you proud.  If you came back and said that in hindsight you might have been a little bit unreasonable, do not feel abashed, you would not be the first and will certainly not be the last, for unlike our preferences, the real world is imperfect.
I wish you good luck with your next ISP and a Merry Christmas.  Here is hoping 2015 will be a great year for you in your new home.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

roblatus
Dabbler

Heres an idea. How about i take a couple of hundred quid off you, then you find out i shouldn't have taken it from you. Then i don't won't tell you when you will get it back. lol
I would suggest that any sane minded person would find that unreasonable. lol.
I entered a contract with Plusnet, end of. If they have issues with their parnters/suppliers i don't go to them i go to the company i had the contract with, the company who takes my money.
I can assure you, i will not be back, not while Plusnet operate in such a shoddy manner. Not while they coninue to pass the buck, not while their customer service is so shocking.
Perhaps you have never had cause to be unhappy with them but maybe one day you will, it would be intersted to see how your rose tinted specs are holding up at that point and to see if you would be so laid back about it.
Thanks for helping keep this post alive by the way, if it puts one person off or encourages one to leave then thats great. 🙂
dick:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Quote from: roblatus
Perhaps you have never had cause to be unhappy with them but maybe one day you will, it would be intersted to see how your rose tinted specs are holding up at that point and to see if you would be so laid back about it.
Thanks for helping keep this post alive by the way, if it puts one person off or encourages one to leave then thats great. 🙂

As it happens I have had cause to be unhappy with both my business and residential services billed by PlusNet on several occasions.  However given that I do not wear rose tinted glasses and see the real world with clarity, I recognise that all retail ISPs are at the mercy of BT Wholesale and BT Openreach.  To believe that PlusNet or any other ISP can make things happen independently of BT is simply an unrealistic expectation, indeed I would go as far as suggesting that it is child-like innocence thinking.
My experience informs me that PlusNet will do more than most ISPs to sort things out with BT however BT are exceedingly poor at keeping PlusNet informed of progress or the lack of it.
Whilst one understands your frustration for having paid for something which could not be delivered immediately and the refund taking longer than you think it should, you have not mentioned what is your current state.  Are you any better off, or are you in exactly the same state still without any phone line connectivity - the same problem which is going to be faced by your next ISP, but with the benefit that PlusNet had got the ball rolling with BT to get your estate cabled up?
I doubt that your unobjective petulance will put off many customers (present or potential), for discerning people will recognise that if there is no phone line to the property no ISP stands a chance of meeting your unreasonable expectations to deliver immediate service.
Quote from: Townman
I wish you good luck with your next ISP and a Merry Christmas.  Here is hoping 2015 will be a great year for you in your new home.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: roblatus

Well I hope it doesn't put anyone off. Anyone requiring a broadband service from other than Virgin Media is dependant on Openreach's provision and maintenance of the line for all other ISPs.
Whilst you entered a contract with Plusnet, yes it is upto to them to get the issue resolved and in general you will get a better service from Plusnet than you will from most other ISPs especially when you consider what you pay for the service. If you want priority treatment and your hand held through every issue, then you need to go to one of the expensive custom ISPs.
If on the other hand you have some evidence that another regular ISP has managed to get preferential treatment from Openreach, I'm sure not only would we be interested to hear about that, but so would OFCOM as Openreach are supposed to treat all ISPs alike and not doing so is a breach of OFCOM regulations.