cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my Usage - Has it stopped working?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: View my Usage - Has it stopped working?

Assuming that the leak is accurate I wonder how a very low user on Value would take to having their product price increase by £4 per month after the discount is finished
Also one of my referrals is on an even older package (Value with 10GB usage) and won't change because of the £2.50 surcharge for not having the phone with Plusnet
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I've just checked my Value rate and it appears I'm currently getting it £3 cheaper than a new customer would pay for the equivalent service (10GB)...
GrahamF
Grafter

I'm on Value 10Gb without phone.  Its costing me £7.99 p.m. (went up from £6.49 last October)
and I certainly wouldn't be happy with another £4 per month hike in the charges.  If this price increase is
implemented then I'll be off comparing meerkats
x47c
Grafter

Can I just clarify and re-emphasise that it was MY OWN suggestion/speculation about a possible idea of a gradual migration of old legacy tariffs, maybe with some graduated multi-year discount adjustment period for users moved  - all to save Plusnet having to bother about the usage metering and penalty charging business anymore.
The 'leak' as Jim and I mentioned only suggested that there would be only 3 current operational tarrifs going forward
It said nothing about what would happen to old legacy tarrifs - left to wither and die is the usual case as fewer and fewer people use them as they gradually move to other packages.
Mind you my energy supplier told me they were re-introducing standing charges on my tarrif and and more recently that my old legacy tarrif was being withdrawn and I was being moved to a new one - on both cases I was given the option to lump it or FO.
TheArbiter1985
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
Assuming that the leak is accurate I wonder how a very low user on Value would take to having their product price increase by £4 per month after the discount is finished
Also one of my referrals is on an even older package (Value with 10GB usage) and won't change because of the £2.50 surcharge for not having the phone with Plusnet

Keeping entirely in mind that such a change is naught but speculation, I changed to PN in October because the Essentials Dual Play deal dovetails perfectly with my nightowlishness. I used to be on a 40GB/month contract elsewhere but for me, sticking to 10GB through daytimes in a month is easy even if I factor in the horrible regular Flash player media crashes I suffer, and the infinity time at night is in itself superbly valuable to me, but I pay LESS for this than I did for my old contract. So I'm very very lucky that I fit this partic deal perfectly, and if it ever was to change/be subj to an increase I'd probably end up switching back to a small metred usage somehow. Just my two kb Smiley
jim2009
Dabbler

In reply to Chris Pettit:- problem not solved. For period 16 - 28 May = 1.62GB; then billing period re-set to 29 May - 15 June.  On 29 May = 87MB, then on May 30 and 31 = 0MB.
On some days the usage meter seemed to be showing more than I'd used. Anyhow I've downloaded  BITMETER OS (free) to check on my usage and that seems to be working OK.
Until now I've been satisfied with PN so I hope thay can get this problem sorted out soon.
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim

I confess that left to me I'd go even further
I'd allow BT to announce that as each cabinet area has FTTC made available then the existing ADSL2 equipment in the exchange feeding that area will be switched off in 2 years time and everyone compulsory migrated to FTTC. (Which would also help vectoring and power masks if you did not have to allow for ADSL services not to be affected by FTTC)
This business of allowing costly/outdated/difficult to repair legacy system to continue to operate in the UK because if you don't the outrage bus will start up has got to stop.
Indeed Jersey Telecom recently announced that ALL broadband services would be migrated to their full fibre network by 2016 and the old system closed down., Customers are being simply given the option of which service level they wish to take ranging from £20/month to £60/month.
Now that is the way to do it!
It's the same with bank cheques.  Goodness knows what it costs to maintaining the clearance system, they were meant to be abandoned in favour of the new payment system springing up....but no the usual suspects demand their rights to live in the 1960's and write cheques.
When I worked in a v.large company we had an on-site bank branch.  As the employee numbers reduced the bank closed the branch - my, you should have seen the complaints from those living in the past - it was like as if HMG had been overthrown in a coup.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@ Alan of Plusnet Digi Team.
"View my usage" has stopped working again today.  So, what's going on?  It appears that it is fine one day and stops the next.  Are gremlins at work?  Sad
Awaiting your explanation.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Please note this is only affecting some people - I've checked on each occasion it's been mentioned above and in my case it appears to be registering usage as expected.
GrahamF
Grafter

Mine has gone belly up again  Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We've had to reset the affected customers to 0KB whilst we investigate and work to resolve the issue.
The last thing we want is for customers on Value/Essentials and similar products to get charged for usage that they are unable to monitor. If your usage is showing 0KB, ywe won't charge for any usage used in this period.
This is being investigating as a very high priority problem, but some fixes take longer than others to resolve.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
We've had to reset the affected customers to 0KB whilst we investigate and work to resolve the issue.
This is being investigating as a very high priority problem, but some fixes take longer than others to resolve.

Thank you Chris for your honest response.  Please bear in mind that it is happening more than I would like.  It does worry me that I may go over the monthly allowance, but it is reassuring that on this occasion I will not be charged if I go over the limit unknowingly.
Thanks again.
Many regards.
dbmab2

Yes again Cris  thanks for the update on the useage not showing anymore but you have charged me £5 for going over the 10gb (value) plus i no longer get the warning at 8gb either, all seems a bit unfair when customers have no means to monitor their useage.Seems to me your value customers are now looking at other ISPs or being forced on to the unlimited broadband at an extra cost to themselves.
paulh
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
The last thing we want is for customers on Value/Essentials and similar products to get charged for usage that they are unable to monitor. If your usage is showing 0KB, ywe won't charge for any usage used in this period.

So, just to be absolutely clear - if any days in my monthly usage are showing as 0KB in VMBU, I will not be charged for extra usgae if I go over my 10GB limit for the month?
Is that correct?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yes, you shouldn't be charged.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager