Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Server Slowing

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Webmail Server Slowing

Quite slow this evening - though not as slow as I've experienced in the past.
After opening a new tab from a link in an eBay "watch" email in my inbox and then pressing delete, I then went to the tab, read the pertinent section and deleted it, whereupon the next email still hadn't appeared. I then timed the next three - they took from pressing delete to the next email appearing - 10, 23 and 16 seconds. When webmail's operating at "normal" speed - i.e. the speed of most of the internet, I'd expect this operation to take 2-3 seconds.
wharfe1

Web mail painfully slow.  It can take 30 seconds or more to load an email. Similar to save a draft or send an email.
Tried another PC and just the same so I know it's not at my end.
I tried Plusnet Assist email troubleshooting , but it says "no email account found".  So what have I been using successfully the last 6 months.
Any ideas ?
John
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

horribly slow here - both to open webmail at all and opening a mailbox
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm clicking a button and switching to another tab until it's sorted itself out.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
drj
Aspiring Pro

I've been out for a meeting. Webmail is noticeably quicker now three hours later than it was early evening.
gofaster
Rising Star

Still like wading through treacle for me.
@Matt - Did networks spot anything?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nothing yet I'm afraid, unfortunately the gent who usually looks after the platform is off ill today so not sure it'll be investigated further though we will see. The reference is 79190, sorry I didn't post that earlier.
EDIT: Beg pardon, we've had an update - though it's not great news I'm afraid. We're in the process of replacing the webmail storage platform, which will take another couple of months to complete. Until that's all done I'm afraid there are going to be intermittent slowdowns. If at all possible we'd therefore recommend viewing via a client, and can only apologise to users who have to use the webmail platform itself. Really sorry about that.
kmilburn
Grafter

Some of us would view via alternative means,  if they were secure...    >:(::)
In their absence, webmail is the only viable option away from home.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

14 seconds just to open a 5k mail.  Sad
Has been somewhat slower than usual for a few days, seems particularly bad today though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Matt,
I am afraid I do not find any variation at all with loading Webmail from PN webpage and then entering the mail log-in, like others have found.  It is just as slow at any time with me.  I appreciate that PN are "in the process of replacing the webmail storage platform" and the task will take 2 months to complete.  It is just NOT FAIR to ask your customers to suffer the crawling webmail etc.  Surely, something can be done in the mean time.  Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry chandu, if it could have been I'd have said so rather than posting what I did.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Well I noticed there were several alerts in my webmail inbox for today's responses on this topic and it took TWENTY FOUR seconds to open one of them (4kb) in order to click through to here. It then took FORTY ONE seconds to go back to my email box to check the size and to advise there are 37 other emails in my inbox requiring attention...
EDIT - the reason I go through them in webmail is because I can more easily report Spam via there than other routes.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Matt
........ I'd have said so rather than posting what I did.

Can't you take it higher up with these posts showing frustration of your customers?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Already done - I linked this thread in the problem raised and added the service IDs of everyone who's posted in this thread to it, so they're definitely aware. If there're any changes I'll let you know, but until then it's as I said above.
aldabra
Dabbler

I would just like to add my 'me too' to this thread.