Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a PN employee calls

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: When a PN employee calls

One of my credit card issuers uses a personalised picture and text combination on their website when I log in to help ensure I'm not caught out by a phishing link or similar taking me to a false site, it wouldn't be difficult to set up a 'reverse password' to achieve the same on telephone calls as suggested by Mayfly (simple idea but really good thinking).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
JohnJ-B
Grafter

One of the Banks, that I used to be with, agreed to a reverse-password system. However, when they phoned up, refused to provide it until AFTER I had cleared THEIR Security!!
Duh!!  Sad
plusnettony
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

I am sure it would be quite easy to actually provide a generic support number. What I meant by my comment was that it has more to do with operation reasons than technical.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

...that is choice and not impossible.  Wink Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: plusnettony
I am sure it would be quite easy to actually provide a generic support number.
Easy but useless and inapproprioate.
It needs to be a number which is answered (not multiple-choice press this for that nonsense) when you call back, by someone who can deal PROMPTLY AND EFFECTIVELY with a customer who says simply and honestly - "You called me".
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Nope if it was from one of the PN recognised numbers then it would give MORE precedence than a withheld number, not that it would/should be takes as actually them.