cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

JonJon
Grafter

Re: have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

Hi Alison,
It's a shame that you've had issues so far.  I've been with PlusNet for nearly 8 months and haven't had any issues so far.
To find out your telephone number, you can dial BT's test line on 17070.
I'm sure one of the staff will be on here tomorrow and sort out your billing issues.
Hope you have a better experience once your service is all activated!
Jonny.
alisonholden
Dabbler

lets hope so!!
alisonholden
Dabbler

brilliant just gets better and better - just thought i'd check out the phone line so put my phone in the BT socket and guess what
NO LINE!!!!
PLUSNET you are making such an impression!!! and trust me its not good!
Mand
Grafter

I've got someone testing your line right now. I'll answer your other points shortly.
Mand
Grafter

I'm really sorry that you're still having problems. I've asked one of our faults guys to call you because the line seems to check out fine.
Regarding your other queries:
Quote from: alisonholden
i am still very concerned - apparently my phone line was activated today bit nobody has told me what my new number is - really useful!!

We emailed you yesterday to advise the line was active, the email contained your phone number (went to a talk21 address and your Plusnet address).
it seems i have a charge of £12.98 for ADSL i'm presuming this is for my router & broadband - only the router should have been paid for as this SHOULD have been ordered today
the broadband is not scheduled until 17/2 so payment should not be taken until this date DEF NOT BEFORE!!!

This is the router P+P fee and your first months broadband. Once activated your broadband billing date will be moved forward by 30 days, so you won't have paid for any time that you haven't had a service.
there was also a paymnet of £11.25 which i'm presuming is the phone line - this is dates 9/2 even though it didn't go live until today so again money taken early!!!

This is your first months Home Phone, it was processed yesterday because that's when our supplier told us the line was active.
when i checked the status of my account is doesn't tie up at all with the money you have taken!!
checking details - status = nearly ready to order broadband?? why has in not been ordered?
first payment - status = we've taken payment - there's a surprise!!
hardware - status = not been placed - yet you've taken my bloody money!!!

Your broadband order is progressing, and the router will be sent once our supplier confirms the install date for broadband.
If you can advise when's best to call you tomorrow I'd be happy to call and sort all these issues for you.
alisonholden
Dabbler

thank you for responding to my rants my comments are below
re emails - i have not received 1 email to my home email account from plusnet- this is checked every few hours and i even check the spam folder - please resend.
re line - i rechecked this morning and what a suprise its now working?!! i checked in exactly the same way last night as i was going to use the new line to call spain but obviously couldn't
re payments upfront -  IF MONEY IS COMING OUT OF MY ACCOUNT BEFORE AGREEMENTS IN PLACE I SHOULD BE INFORMED AND AS PER YOUR OTHER POINTS PAYMENTS SHOULD NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ITS CONFIRMED THAT THE LINE IS ACTIVE!!!! CERTAINLY NOT A DAY BEFORE THE LINE WAS SCHEDULED TO GO ACTIVE - I WANT THIS RECTIFIED!!
THIS IS THE SAME FOR THE BROADBAND YOU EVEN SAY LATER THAT I'VE NOT HAD A DATE SCHEDULED AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THIS IS SCHEDUELD FOR THE 17TH AND HAD BETTER BE THAT DATE!! AGAIN WHETHER MY NEXT PAYMENT IS SCEDULED FOR LATER IT SHOUL NOT COME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THE LINE IS ACTIVE!!
I'VE NEVER KNOWN ANYTHING LIKE IT! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO BUDGET WHEN YO USEEM TO BE TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WHEN IT SUITS YOU AND NOT WITH WHAT WAS AGREED?!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I've tried calling you to discuss this but unfortunately you were unavailable, can you advise when it's a good time to get in touch?
alisonholden
Dabbler

about 2:00 pm would be good for me - cheers
alisonholden
Dabbler

just had a call from Nick Savage from PLUSNET technical support and i have to say finnaly things are beginning to look better.
issues with my money have been resolved
broadband is on order so hopefully i'll finally be a happy customer!
many thanks nick!
Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Nick's actually just been over speaking to Mand regarding the latest on your account, glad to hear it's all sorted.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alisonholden
Dabbler

one last thing - i still haven't had the email so i still don't know my new number?
paulby
Grafter

@alisonholden If you dial 17070 on your phone you'll be told your phone number - just hang up when it's finished (don't use any of the options) or you can go here (login required) where your number is shown.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 66

Sorry that doesn`t work.............. "welcome to BT line test facilities, Press 2 for quiet line test. 3 for ? ? ? ?test or clear down"    just gets repeated....     Undecided
Mand
Grafter

Very strange that you've not had the email to your external address.
Have you tried your Plusnet address at all? You can get these here.
Alternatively you can check the Home Phone section of the Member Centre, or closed tickets on your account (in the Help and Support section of the Member Centre).
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Sorry that doesn`t work.............. "welcome to BT line test facilities, Press 2 for quiet line test. 3 for ? ? ? ?test or clear down"    just gets repeated....     Undecided

Just tried it on my line - Get the message: "This circuit is defined as 0 1 3 8 3 * * * * * * BT Line Test Facilities, Please press 1 for ringback, 2 for quiet line ......"