cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new payment system aint coming fast enough!!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: new payment system aint coming fast enough!!

I also have posted on several threads about PN payment , As  warbleeder  says its about time PN updated their system !
Adam Walker said                    "There's no set date for this that we're able to share. "        mmmmm  Embarrassed
avatastic  said                            "Or in English - It's not coming."                                  Roll_eyes
Surely it cannot be that Hard to Add a    PAY NOW ! button
for my own reasons its not reasonable to use DD so i pay with my Debit card , but am locked out of member center the day my bill is due ! , my connection is Shut down untill i press acknowledge and pay later !
But yet i have been with PN 4 years and have always paid this  way , but yet they still cut me off the day the bill is due ,alto temporary .
but like a lot of things lately with PN all we get is ,, we are looking at it  Lips_are_sealed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

What do you mean by the "due" date?  The actual billing day or the last day of "grace and favour"?
Quote from: https
Paying for services
25.You agree to pay all charges for the equipment and the service, including any additional charges detailed in these terms or the Price guide, whether you use the service or someone else does. The method of payment will be either as set out in the service terms or as we otherwise agree with you. You agree that unless you pay your bill by direct debit, you will pay the fee detailed in point 3* of the Price guide for payment collection and processing services.
Quote from: https
*3. Payment will be by Direct Debit or other agreed payment method. All non-Direct Debit payments will incur an additional charge of £1.50 for payment collection and processing services.

28.You agree to pay the charges as soon as we advise you that your bill is available to view unless otherwise agreed by us. You may also need to pay a deposit or a payment upfront before you can receive the service or goods.
29.If you do not pay your bill, we will send you a reminder or call you. If we do not receive payment within 10 calendar days of the date of that reminder, we may add a late payment charge of £7.50 to your next bill by way of compensation to us for breaking the terms of this agreement. We may also charge you £10 by way of compensation to us for any Direct Debit or cheque payments that fail because you do not have enough funds in your account. The charges set out in this paragraph are not subject to VAT.
30.We will generally not suspend or end the service or the agreement until 14 days after your payment was due, unless the service terms or the Price guide say otherwise. However, sometimes we may take this action earlier. For example, when you reach your credit limit. To find out more on our credit limit process and any related charges, please click here.

Users have agreed to pay bills when presented.  There is no "right" to a 14 day grace period, though generally PlusNet does allow it but has reserved the right to take action earlier.  Has the method of payments being attempted to be used but are failing agreed alternatives or simply ones which as individuals you have simply sought to use, even if habitually accepted by PlusNet.
I would expect any new billing system to be totally stringent on applying the T&Cs systematically to all accounts, thus if the way you are each attempting to pay is not explicitly agreed to be acceptable with PlusNet, the I would doubt that life will be much "better" for you under the new billing system.

@CRT,
For the sake of clarity are there specific types / classes of plastic payment cards which PlusNet does not accept?  If yes, does the rejection of their attempted use make clear why the use of the card is being declined?  Are there any conditions under which (no necessity to spell out if it is sensitive) a transaction could be declined OTHER THAN the card processing agent not accepting the transaction?
Has anyone at PlusNet examined the failed transaction logs for these users to determine at what stage of the process their payment attempts have failed?  (Answer via tickets!)  If they can be conclusively advised that the problem is with their card provider, they can go sort out the issue with them and get on with life.  If the issue is indeed with PlusNet, then as under the conditions of the T&Cs may be some individually agreed method of payment needs to be established... for the published £1.50 service charge.
Though as others have said, good budgeting and direct debits do work very well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

warbleeder
Grafter

ok town please tell me how the he ll im supose to pay my bill on the due date when they dont allow you access to a (pay now) button ....
now as i said in my last post it seems like they use jooomla or something simular for their website... if this is the case it is not rocket science to add a pay now button
and it kinda funny how plusnets website declines my payment 99% of the time but when i call it fly through their system.... thats not the bank thats plusnet....
all i ever get off plusnet is ..it must be ur bank... well ill say it again (like every month) NO IT IS NOT MY BANK!!! sort the stupid problem
so yea town you can bring up T&C's that plusnet state .... but it dose not state in there ...that you
A: have to ring to pay your bill
B: in order for you to pay online you have to wait till your 14 days grace are over!

so before you run around forums kissing up to plusnet why dont you actually read what others are saying?
p.s just a note the grace is not a issue that is awsome and id imagain it helps a lot of people (if they dont get paid on time etc)
and in all fairness plusnet should be compensating me atmo as they disconnected me LOOOOONG before my 14 days where over and without informing me prio
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: warbleeder
all i ever get off plusnet is ..it must be ur bank... well ill say it again (like every month) NO IT IS NOT MY BANK!!! sort the stupid problem
so yea town you can bring up T&C's that plusnet state .... but it dose not state in there ...that you
A: have to ring to pay your bill
B: in order for you to pay online you have to wait till your 14 days grace are over!

I sought to make the post balanced - what do the rules say - what have individuals with difficult circumstances AGREED with PlusNet in respect of alternative payment arrangements - what actual evidence has PlusNet got to support "it must be your bank" ?
There will always be difficulty when people step outside of the established systems.  You might think that the right solution is a pay-now option, but that is not (at least presently) an AGREED method of payment through the website.  To resolve the impasse here there needs to be AGREEMENT with PlusNet that you can pay by the means you are attempting OR the cause of the on-line system failure needs confirming ("it must be" is not as conclusive as "we have confirmed that it is and here is the transaction reference number") so that you can go fix it or PlusNet clearly understands that there is an issue requiring exceptional consideration.
It is not a matter of sucking up - it is rather maturely accepting how things are and seeking a non-aggressive route to a resolution within the published T&Cs.  Arguing with in the T&Cs is a better bet than trying to fight from without.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry I've not had much to input in to this thread. Just to be clear, the updated billing engine is not going to be a short term project, this is going to take a long time to fully design, implement and integrate with our systems, as such I'm not going to give any timescale around this.
From going back through some of the comments it seems one of the issues is that some cards aren't being accepted when they should be. If the people affected by this particular bug can PM me with the card type only (delta, visa, electron etc) then I can see if there is a common factor in play.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
warbleeder
Grafter

can i just mention that plusnet aint all too bad... ive been here for almost 5 years and you have done alot of me with faults bt couldnt be bothered to fix properly changing my billing date etc
but its just the fact of having to phone up every month to pay my bill ... thats grating me at the mo
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
Useful approach.
The first 6 digits (only the first 6 digits) of the big 16 digit number might also be useful to your system engineers to confirm that the PAN group is in the validation group.  This uniquely identifies the Major Industry Issuer and their identification number - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_card_number - these ought to be known to the card processing system, but some being missing has not been unknown in my personal experience with card verification systems.
For more info on credit card number structures and significance see here - http://www.celtnet.org.uk/ns/understanding-credit-card-numbers.html.
Kevin

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Warbleeder,
By any chance, could this - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134906.msg0.html#new - be relevant to your problems attempting to pay by card?
Kevin

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi WB,
There has been a "development" on this issue here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134906.msg1183580.html#msg1183580
Is this relevant to your issue?  This issue  - months being "1" instead of "01" - and thereby causing a validation failure has been identified by one PlusNet user as being related to FireFox profiles.
HTH,
Kevin