cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Stop The Broadband Con" Campaign

TicnTac
Grafter

Re: "Stop The Broadband Con" Campaign

Do you think last weeks announcement about bringing support back to Sheffield was about money or improving the customer experience.

Money, simple as, the evil twisted people at BT got paid for carrying out such a move, that's what the grant was there for, so a nice golden carrot, with their new staff implant system becoming a success (see Mr Irc on night shift for that explanation), then better to control the slaves of hell all in once place. Mwuhahahaha (insert evil smiley here).
Money money money............plus it makes BT umm Plusnet look good, "Call centre down't road"  Roll_eyes - you're not, you're Far East and then Due South, (southerners thinking their northerners)  Roll_eyes
So, it is all about money, looking good and conning the public into thinking they're a stripey orange tiger from a kellogs advert, 'cos They'reeeeeeeeeeeeeee Greeeeeeeeeeeat! (not)  Grin
We love Plusnet really Wink
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................I've been infected................ Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Will all due respect, even allowing for you playing Devil's advocate, Plusnet should have manned up and organised the shift rotas before closing down Durban not sfterwards

I'm assuming you're referring to this Jim
Today has also seen a pretty substantial change in the way we're staggering shifts.
we'd already planned this out before implementing any changes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scootie
Grafter

virgin media are a guilty as charged on there national broadband product, up to 20mb they tell me with no chance of fiber well up to 1.75mb in the real world but vm just give the vague description of how adsl works in the very small print  Angry
what gets me more is why the hell can next door get fiber but they will not stretch the cable to me, just because what seems to me is the road stops a few feet from where i live, when i next see them playing with the cab i might see if the guys will tell me why its a NO NO
artmo
Aspiring Champion

That's an interesting point you ask especially looking at your photo.  It will be fun to hear their reply.
Dom
Grafter

Great pic!
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I've tried to get a photo of this from Streetview but failed....
A friend of mine has a Virgin cable box DIRECTLY OPPOSITE his driveway on a narrow single-track lane. He can't get cable.  Crazy
The box is in the corner of a triangular patch of council-owned grass which extends to and goes round the corner of a side road about 20 yards along from his house on the other side of the lane. It was installed to run cable down that side road (which happens to be the one I live on) though it is quite well "set back" from it.
The box is less than 6 feet from the far side of his lane, which is in turn less than 10 feet wide.
But Virgin never ran cable along "his" road...... (and refuse to chanel it across from the box)
magnetism2772
Grafter

up to 8Mbits / sec
can mean anywhere from
ZERO(including zero as a min) ----->8M(max) if you except the phrase
I did read somewhere and not long ago
the communication regulators were looking into making ISP's advertise MIN speeds(guarantee) rather than their any 'UP TO'  which the majority  
of customers never get
magnetism2772
Grafter

a simple advert would then look like this
we guarantee  customers anywhere who  may wish  to join us  a minimum  speed  of 2MB Smiley
Dom
Grafter

That's a great idea. It's better to say you'll get a "minimum of 1Mb" and be pleasantly surprised when you get 7Mb, than it is to say "up to 20Mb" and, like us, get less than 1Mb.
Jesus approves this idea.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Jesus LOVES US

time and time again HE says it
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: giro
a simple advert would then look like this
we guarantee  customers anywhere who  may wish  to join us  a minimum  speed  of 2MB Smiley
and if the broadband checker shows less then 2,5Mb then we won't accept your order.
So all the users with an attenuation of much more than 50dB will be turned down on that basis
Note that my estimated line speed is 2,500kbps with an attenuation of 50dB  Crazy
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
...and if the broadband checker shows less then 2,5Mb then we won't accept your order.
So all the users with an attenuation of much more than 50dB will be turned down on that basis

Ah, but that's no different to not allowing someone still on a 20CN to sign up for an "up to 20Mb" package. In the same way that adverts can say "up to 20Mb" but in reality you might only be allowed to sign up for an "up to 8Mb" package, PN could advertise a "minimum of 1Mb" package, but not allow someone to sign up to it if they know they can't provide it.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Im only reporting on something  the regulators want to see ISP's following
albeit even if its ZERO when a customers can only receive that amount 
I'm for reporting the MIN as in  a guaranteed quantity
not an unachievable amount that only a few who live next door to their exchange can obtain
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: giro
Jesus LOVES US

time and time again HE says it

does that mean if you are a Jew, Muslin, Hondo, Buddhist you cant get broadband
Dom
Grafter

Not believing in Jesus doesn't mean he won't believe in you. Wink