cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

RyanGould
Grafter

Re: shocked at the level of poor service i am receiving (phone and broadband)

Any reason why we have been cut off this morning ?
Still waiting for a response from the new ISP so still need an internet connection for now
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your router disconnected around 8.12 this morning but reconnected and is showing online on our RADIUS server at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RyanGould
Grafter

so we should still be connected ?
Chris
Legend

As far as I can tell yes, it's still connected.
Session Start: 08:12 20/Dec/2011
Duration:  2:1:58 (on going)
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RyanGould
Grafter

Still off. I have been disconnected all morning and I am still disconnected now.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RyanGould,
have you been able to connect now after the advice you were given on the phone?
Jojo Smiley
RyanGould
Grafter

Working now. It would seem switching the router off and on again fixed it.
I am baffled by all this. I don't understand why a message would flash up telling us we have been cut off because of an issue with billing and the fix is to reset the router.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI RyanGould,
This is something that very rarely happens but when you connected you may have authenticated to a connection which had previously been restricted. rebooting will have re-authenticated you correctly.
Jojo Smiley
RyanGould
Grafter

As i mentioned the new provider has messed about and now the MAC has expired. I have just been on the phone with PN to order another MAC for yet another provider and all of a sudden there has been mention of cancellation charges?
where have these come from and how much are they?
Chris
Legend

When you signed up your account you would have had the option to pay for the router and the setup there and then or defer them for 12 months and only pay if you left within that period. The router fee is £40 and the setup is £25.
RyanGould
Grafter

we paid a £50 on 21/10/11 and £4.99 on the 11/11/10 to ensure we were stung with no charges, its funny how the mention of charges has arisen when asking for the second MAC.
i am sat grinding my teeth i am that wound up at the mention of charges, after all the problems in this thread i have now been told i am to be charged to change providers?
Chris
Legend

You should have also been told the charges previously, I think the problem here was the MAC was generated manually last time instead of by the automated process so the fees weren't automatically added to the ticket.
The £50 fee you paid up front was more likely a line installation cost as that's the only thing around that price that we charge.
RyanGould
Grafter

so why i have been told one thing by one person and another person then mentions billing me for leaving?
The PN employee we spoke to when we got the first MAC said no charges and we could keep the phone service but cancel the broadband no problem which suited us fine, why the change?
RyanGould
Grafter

oh and we already had a line installed so that wasn't what we paid for
Chris
Legend

I've just listened to the call when you first asked for the MAC and you were told that there wouldn't be any cancellation charges, therefore I've removed them from your account. I've also fed back to the agent in question as they should not have told you there were no charges as that was incorrect.
The £49.99 initial fee is showing as a line installation cost rather than the setup fee.