Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Video editing

FIXED
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 66

Music Video editing

Quite a few years ago, I had a freeware video editing software, where I could edit bits of two or three music vids, and make a compilation vid, of ( say ) three artistes, singing parts of the same song. 

Not quite the same problem currently, as, what I want to do is, to use Video A video track, and remove the sound track, then with Video B, remove the sound track, save it, and eventually "marry them" so that it plays Video A video and Video B sound as one video file.

Please can anyone suggest the best freeware video edting software to be able to do this.

Running on Linux Mint 21.2 with WINE 8.1 

so (most) windows software can run on Linux !

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Re: Music Video editing

Fix

https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/replace-audio-in-video/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shutter
Community Veteran

@MisterW  Thanks... I`ll give that a go... just installing from SNAP  !

shutter
Community Veteran

@MisterW  Seems to be working... all I need now is a big box of patience, to try and get the lip-sync reasonable ! ! .

Thanks.   will update you ------------------- sometime ! Smiley

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Glad it works for you. I was going to suggest Lightworks which isn't easy to learn (but not impossible, after all I did it!) It's a cutdown package of the professional system used for many major movies and I find it superb although the free version does not do HD.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Longliner  @MisterW  Yes, indeedy... I managed to get the lipsynch "near enough". obviously, there are minor fractions of seconds differences between the two live perormances.  the video track, was 2016.... and the donor audio track was from another concert in 2010 ....

I did do a search for video editing software all yesterday afternoon, and Lightworks did come up in the listings, unfortunately, they all seemed too complicated, and a couple I tried, ( After watching vids on you tube to get some idea of how they worked) , came up with "error" notices from the start, and, obviously, those guys on the vids do not get error notices, so there is no way you can correct the error !. result - give up on that one and move on to the next !.

with the link @MisterW  provided, it was simple to do, and after adjusting the locations between the video and the audio tracks on screen, the result was "not too bad", considering !.

Got a few more I can do now ! !

Incidentally... the SNAP version did throw up and error notice about MTL missing an app, and a link to the online help, but... as usual, it just said, "re-install MTL"   with no info on how to do that, or where to get it from !..

instead... I went back to the instrucion page and installed it again from FLATPAK. which did not throw any errors and worked first time !.

Thanks to both. SmileySmiley