cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenVPN Client software for Windows

IMM
Rising Star

OpenVPN Client software for Windows

Having set up a WireGuard VPN for my Router and laptop (successfully but not quite what I was hoping for), I thought that I would give OpenVPN a go.

So, I've set the router side up and then looked for an OpenVPN client for my Windows 10 laptop.

As it is opensource, I thought I'd look at the "official website" at openVPN.net then stumbled.

The OpenVPN.net website seems to be a commercial site offering commercial solutions - it also offers  a free download for openvpn-connect-v3-windows, which it says is a "free and full-featured VPN client".

Another link on the site takes you to a "community area" where you can download OpenVPN 2.6.12 though it is not clear whether that is server or client software.

Which should I be using for the client on my windows 10 laptop?

Thanks

Ian

3 REPLIES 3
zpeterk
Grafter

Re: OpenVPN Client software for Windows

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@IMM 

I used to use that version of openVPN client until I switched to WireGuard, be interested if you find any differences.

IMM
Rising Star

@Dan_the_Van 

So far the difference is that both ends say that there is an OpenVPN connection, and show the amount of data increasing over time. However, there is no internet connection, and I can't seem to ping or connect to anything. - I think I need to do some more reading and review the settings on the router. 

Ian