cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Perils

Moscarella
Grafter

Porting Perils

Having ported to O2 myself., I guess I was lucky, it only took just over four days for this to actually happen. In this, I looked at the O2 forum, which is littered with new complaints of lost ported numbers, with new complaints posted every day. My youngest son porrted his number from EE to O2 nine days ago, but his number appears also to be lost.

I guess that all this fine mess is being caused by the absorption of all the smaller by the bigger. I really wish I had some workable solution to offer to what seems to be the absolute turmoil being caused by this, but all I can say is be prepared for an absolute nightmare when you do port.

O2 mobile are totally incompetent. EE (really BT) are the most expensive with an absolutely impenetrable website, all the little guys left, like lebara and the like will also soon be absorbed. Considering that these days our digital ID is virtually our phone number you can only hope that someone steps in with a big stick and gets this farrago under control and porting should be 24 hours with no loss of number as it should be.

1 REPLY 1
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Porting Perils

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Plusnet Feedback to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'